Superhost status

Rebecca641
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Superhost status

Hi all - I am not happy with the email received from Airbnb today and would be interested in others thoughts. The email basically said that unless I started hosting again I am in danger of losing Superhost. We have aone bedroom in our own home for guests with their own private bathroom but we have not hosted since March 2020 and will not do so until we are comfortable with current COVID circumstances. Our guests share our kitchen for breakfast and making hot drinks and our set up means they are very much part of our house, which we like in 'normal times' but it is just too risky at the moment. I am upset that all the hard work we put in pre-COVID will be lost through no fault of our own. The email said - "Last year, we made temporary changes to Superhost assessments so more Hosts could keep their status during COVID-19. Now that guests are excited to travel again (and stay with you), we’re returning to the normal assessment criteria. You will need to get a few of your Superhost stats up to keep your status, but don’t worry. You’re a great Host – and there’s still plenty of time to take action." It is unlikely we will host again before next summer so I will by then have lost Superhost status. What do others think please? By the way we are in Staffordshire in England and attract business travellers, people en route to other parts of the country, all sorts, usually 1-2 days stay. and love meeting and chatting with most of our guests.  Thank you.

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Quite honestly I wouldn't worry about having SH status.

The SH status is based on you meeting it's key criteria for having this status, and they can't continue to keep this option open for hosts, who are not open for bookings.

I do understand your concerns as a homeshare host (although I have been open since restrictions lifted and have made some adaptations such as providing guests with their own cutlery, crockery, tea towels etc and not using the kitchen at the same time).

I'm sure when you start to host again you will soon get your SH back.

Rebecca641
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you. Sadly can't keep separate as pretty much open plan but I do agree that SH status is not the be all and end all, hopefully reviews will hold to give the best views. Just annoyed me that Airbnb seemed to be holding homeshare hosts to ransom on this to go against their own best judgement in these uncertain times. Thank you for your valued opinion and good luck with your own hosting. Stay safe. Rebecca