Support won't remove retaliatiory review

Nathalie2465
Level 2
Karlskrona, Sweden

Support won't remove retaliatiory review

Your review system and logic is so broken..

The guest booked 2 weeks, was very disrespectful on arrival, wanted to have contact outside of airbnb platform. Cancelled after 1 day then booked another night same day.(late checkout and we have minimum 5 days stay so we were nice enough to let him stay) He gets the option to leave 2 reviews and first one is good 4 stars then he gives 3 stars after seeing our honest review. How is this not retaliation?

This affected my overall score. Support seems not to understand the situation..
2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Nathalie2465 👋

Did you reach out to Airbnb Support about this? It'd be great to hear from you, so we can understand what the resolution was but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 

Looking forward to hearing from you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Rob7820
Level 2
Dunnellon, FL

I went back and forth with Airbnb for weeks about a guest who completely disrespected and damaged my space and wrote a retaliatory review with really low stars. The end result was that they said “the guest is entitled to their opinion and to share it,” regardless of the fact that I think all of the complaints given could be proven false or shown that the guest didn’t read the information I provided them.

For example, they complained about unexpected fees (I did not charge one cent more than what it told them at booking and I only charge the rent and $100 cleaning fee, fully disclosed), no Uber (says in my listing there is no taxi/rideshare locally, plus they were visiting family and seems like family could have told them), high rate (had 30% off promotion for Memorial Day Weekend so ended up paying less than my yearly average), nothing to do (again, visiting family, but my listing is on a river in a huge ecotourism location with fishing, water sports, golfing, biking, etc.) and many more similar issues.  

I have been a SuperHost for 7 years, have a 4.97 total rating on 500+ stays at my 4 properties, and have only reached out to Airbnb for help a handful of times. Only one time stands out that they really helped me. This guest was a first time Airbnb user, so that shows how much Airbnb really cares about its hosts. 

Most of the time, I don’t even bother contacting Airbnb because I’m pretty sure they won’t help, and it will just be a waste of my time (especially since they reply so slowly and rarely understand the first time). 

Sorry you also have had a bad experience!