Suspended Account

Suspended Account

Hi all 

Hoping for some advice on the below situation.

I am a loyal Air BnB customer and have recently made a booking to a home. Unfortunately the host had to cancel due to selling their home, I therefore opted to receive a credit for the booking (thinking I was going to rebook another accommodation immediately). 

Since then, I have attempted to make bookings for the same dates and Air BnB cancels my booking immediately despite my host accepting. They then lock me out of my account, I contact them to restore my account and once restored attempt to rebook. Air BnB then immediately cancel on me. This has now happened 8 times over the past 10 days. Air BnB report I have demonstrated “suspicious activity” despite having only positive reviews and never damaging property. Air BnB is now withholding my credit and I am unable to access this as my account continues to be disabled. This I’m has been extremely stressful. 

I have spent hours in contact with Air BnB via phone, email and messenger with no assistance or resolution over the past 10 days. My credit is a significant amount that they are withholding from me. 

Has anyone had a similar issue or have any advice? At this stage I am thinking contacting Consumer Protection is my only avenue. 

Many thanks in advance 

Katie 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Katie1718 It just goes to show how helping Airbnb by taking a credit is actually a big mistake as they will not help you when things go wrong. I suggest you hope @Quincy can persuade Airbnb to see sense and return your money or take Airbnb to the small claims court. Sad really but what choice do you have?