Termites protection

Marina2029
Level 2
Hacienda Heights, CA

Termites protection

Hi everyone? 

Very practical question: a person  booked my house for four days while termites will be illemunated  in her house. Is there any danger for my house while she is staying here?  Can she take any termites  with her to my house? I worry.

Thank you for your reply!

3 Replies 3
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

I don’t think so. Bedbugs yes, not termites. 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Marina2029 

No don't worry we did termite stays in Hawaii all the time  4 days though seems odd my experience even doing my own in Hawaii I stayed at a hotel 1 night.  They put a tent on and remove the next day

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marina2029 

Marina, I would not be concerned about a guest introducing termites to your property just by staying.

Termites are communal animals that eat cellulose and do not survive for long away from the Queen and the nest. 

Workers: with white-bodies and thin skin, are the most numerous in the colony and are involved in food gathering, feeding and tending the young and the queen, and building or maintaining the nest. They forage in groups and rarely emerge from the nest or associated tunnels, as they dry up and die easily outside the humid nest environment.

They create and operate in their own conditions and even if your guest brought along a considerable amount of timber with termite activity on-going, the chance of you being infected in the short term is next to zero!

Cheers........Rob.