Terrible customer service

George1803
Level 2
Betws-y-Coed, United Kingdom

Terrible customer service

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced having a dispute with a guest, speaking to Airbnb and getting advice from them only to follow that advice and then be penalised by receiving a vindictive and false review and then find out Airbnb said the complete opposite to the guest and even gave them a refund without recourse !?  

I can't quite believe that I reported the guest at the time, the Airbnb person told me I was in the right and even sent me a message stating the booking had been cancelled (even though the guest had left my property) and neither of us would be able to leave each other reviews. Then deny saying they had told me that even though I've sent a screenshot of the message. 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@George1803 sadly this seems to happen a lot. If the booking was cancelled then a refund will be given even if the cancellation (not in this case) is due to the guest breaking the rules.

Yup.  ONce I told Airbnb that I was afraid of the guest as they were being intimidating and waving their arms and talking in a loud angry voice.  I assume so they could get a free stay somehow complaining about a fake complaint that they could not drink the water.  I told them the water is tested regularly by the county and the state and 100 other houses were on the same county tested well.    I told Airbnb I was being yelled at and intimidated.  Their answer, "do you have proof"?  I asked Airbnb what proof they needed.  They said, do you have proof?  I said what kind of proof?   Around in circles.

Rest assured they do the same thing on the guest end. I'm really sorry to hear it goes both ways as well. We just had a problem with a last minute reservation on a trip for emergency dental surgery last night. It really was the most easily remedied thing. Our confirm nor my name nor the name of my friend we got an okay to book for was in the system. Since it was 1:00 AM, I told him just to pay for it again and I'd work it out with airbnb. 

Just as with a previous problem we had, the customer service agent who stepped in from the initial person was just horrible. That's twice I've received some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced from airbnb. And yes, they went from "we just need the receipt" to a bunch of ridiculous documentation including video. Thankfully the host is going to help us resolve it. We're headed to VRBO unless airbnb seriously changes its attitude and retrains its customer service reps. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @George1803 

Sorry to hear about this.

I can see that one of my colleagues has already raised your concerns to the relevant team, and someone should have been in contact with you to provide further clarification.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

George1803
Level 2
Betws-y-Coed, United Kingdom

Thanks Jenny but all I've received are generic responses, not one of your colleagues has even addressed a single question or concern of mine. It's obvious to me why not as how could they possibly defend telling me to how to handle a complaint and then saying the complete opposite to the guest and refunding them?  I have written confirmation from Airbnb I "handled the complaint correctly and that the guest would not be able to leave a review."  It's indefensible hence nobody at Airbnb will talk to me. Beyond poor service from Airbnb.