The guest is not responding

Answered!
Muslim4
Level 6
Almaty, Kazakhstan

The guest is not responding

The guest isn't responding to my messages. His check-out is tomorrow, we agreed to contact on a previous day (today), so that he can confirm the time. He also told me he would think about extending his reservation and he'll let me know, but he's totally silent today. I wrote him in the Airbnb chat, to his Telegram, WhatsApp, called him a few times, but there is no response from him at all. That's the first time the guest is not responding during more than year of active hosting. Not really sure what to do, we agreed I come over tomorrow by 12 o'clock, however, he also told me he was going to confirm it today. 

Did you have same weird misbehavior? What do you usually do if a guest is silent? Any suggestions? What would you do in my place?

1 Best Answer
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Muslim4,

If a guest is not responding in the Airbnb or app and you called them as well, I would reach out to Airbnb support and let them know if your concern so they can have it on file and you can ask them to contact the guest on your behalf and ask them to confirm the meeting for check out (if this is your policy and what was agreed upon). 

I try to resolve things with the guest but it is always a good idea to loop Airbnb in instead of something happening then the guest gets upset at you because they thought that you bothered them unnecessarily when that wasn’t the case.

I always ask registered to put in their guests name as it is a requirement for Airbnb’s aircover as well as our homeowners policy and people were saying they would and they didn’t. So after messaging them and asking them again and them saying they did it, I called Airbnb and explained the situation and asked them to help me register the guest with their name (they gave it to me in the app messaging but you need it on the reservation) and we found out that the guest did not accept the Airbnb reservation and confirm her profile (that’s why he said it was there but it was not showing the name). Airbnb support helped to call and facilitate the process (upon my request).

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30
Muslim4
Level 6
Almaty, Kazakhstan

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED BY HOW AIRBNB SUPPORT WORKS.

THE RESPONSES TO THE MESSAGES I SENT THEM ARE DELAYED. SOMETIMES SUPPORT MANAGERS DON'T READ MY MESSAGES CAREFULLY, THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I ASK THEM, SO I NEED TO RE-ASK THEM AGAIN.

I ASKED FOR REIMBURSEMENT FOR THE LISTING BEING BLOCKED BY THE POLICE, IT WAS SENT WITH THE WRONG DETAILS. THE BANK MADE A REFUND, SO AFTER I LET THE AIRBNB KNOW THEY STILL REFERING TO THE SAME INITIAL PAYOUT THEY SENT ME ON FEB 27. I AM TIRED TO EXPLAIN THEM THAT THE PAYOUT WAS RETURNED AND THEY NEED TO RE-INITIATE IT AGAIN, I LET THEM KNOW, BUT THEY KEEP SENDING ME THE SAME THING AGAIN.

THE PROPERTY DAMAGE FORM IS DELAYED BY ALEX FROM RESOLUTIONS CENTER. IT IS VERY SLOW - I NEED TO CONSTANTLY ASK THEM THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WHEN I SIGNED THE HOST DAMAGE FORM - ALEX ASKED ME TO SEND IT AGAIN IN A NON-PDF FORMAT. NOW HE IS ASKING ME TO RE-SUBMIT THE FORM AGAIN.

WOW, I DIDN'T EXPECT SUCH A LOW QUALITY SUPPORT SERVICE FROM SUCH A HUGE WORLD FAMOUS COMPANY AS AIRBNB. THAT'S SAD.