The guest want to see the villa first before booking

Answered!
Ketut4
Level 2
Denpasar, Indonesia

The guest want to see the villa first before booking

@Ketut Tinggen Bali

Hi all,

During this pandemic, there are many guest ask for "Can I have a look your villa before make booking?" Specially Local and foreigner who stay long in Bali

This question is a little bit annoying for me, because later they will ask for discount, transaction out of Airbnb Flat form etc.

Do you have any Idea? or good word to handle it ?

Thank you 

Ketut Tinggen 

Bali

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ketut4  I don't know if thievery is a problem in Bali, but allowing pre-viewing can also be a security risk for hosts. Someone can just be scoping out the property, noting where there might be security cameras, what nice electronics you have to steal, etc, planning on coming back later to rob the place.

There are no good reasons to allow someone who  hasn't paid for a booking to see the property.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Ketut4 You are right. Guests who ask for things are usually not good guests and often go on to ask for more. They are never worth it. Be brief, firm, and encourage them to go elsewhere. "Hi X, the photos and description of the listing are thorough and will tell you all you need to know. Thank you, and good luck in your search!" Hopefully they get the message and go away. 

Thank you very much Colleen,

I will do it

AirBnb highly discourages allowing guests to see or preview in person before booking and it may actually not be allowed. @Colleen253 is correct and that is very good advice, thanks Colleen. 

Glenn & Andrea

Mill Bay Cottage Rental

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Ketut4 

Apa Khabar ? I love Bali !

You ve an Amazing Villas  and Wonderful Listings! Well done ! 

You can  politely  communicate with the guest, let them know that you prefer to answer the guest questions in the Airbnb message, visit the Villa are not convenient because your listing isn’t  a commercial hotel, you doesn’t allow visitors  to visit in any times. 

This is to preventing the guest pay by off line and also increase your terms of  hospitality services. As the hospitality services principal of privacy always come first and concern the convenience of the present guest in the Villa.

Do understand many Airbnb users are new or either they doesn’t understand how the Airbnb works , they thought all the listings in Airbnb as the same service in the commercial hotels, they prefer to visit and pay off line and  discussed the rate for further deductions at the front desk.

As a Airbnb host, it is very important to educate the Airbnb users , to knowledge sufficiently and improve to the Airbnb users and well inform them the benefit of booking though Airbnb,

They can ask as many questions they wish in the Airbnb message, and you’re certainly be happy to provide the information they need.

“  Airbnb is a Trust and Safety platform,

“ Make Possible By Host “ 

ways to go !

Happy Hosting 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ketut4  I don't know if thievery is a problem in Bali, but allowing pre-viewing can also be a security risk for hosts. Someone can just be scoping out the property, noting where there might be security cameras, what nice electronics you have to steal, etc, planning on coming back later to rob the place.

There are no good reasons to allow someone who  hasn't paid for a booking to see the property.