Threatened by host

Chloe413
Level 1
Burley, United Kingdom

Threatened by host

Hi;

we have checked out of our Airbnb today. The host rushed us out before we had a chance to tidy up the kitchen/outside area 

I received a threatening message that says he will find us. I am happy to screenshot it and send you it to see.

If he thought the place was untidy, he could have messaged us and come to a mutual agreement and pay him more money for the cleaning fee even though we already paid it. Instead he just went straight to threatening us which isn’t professional to say he is a host 

7 Replies 7
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Although there is no excuse for threatening you, unless the host is a complete lunatic, I do wonder just how “untidy” you left the place.

Not the only part I was wondering about.

Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I'm wondering why you had to 'rush' to check out. Did he ask you to leave earlier than the agreed upon check out time? 

Were you aware of the check out time when you booked? 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why did you have to rush at check out @Chloe413 .

Were you at the property past check out time?

Did you not tidy and clean the property in accordance with check out instructions by the agreed check out time?

What do you mean by the host sending you a threatening message? By threatening do you mean that the host told you he would fine you because you didn't clean up before you left? If so, this isn't a threat the host is simply reinforcing that you will need to cover any additional costs he incurs from his cleaning crew if you didn't clean up before you left. 

@Helen3  I think he said he would “find” them, not “fine” them. As in “I’ll track you down”.

The way I read it also (meant 'find'). Whatever the heck that meant.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Chloe413 ,

Were you able to get in touch with Airbnb Customer Support regarding this situation?

Are you still receiving similar texts or has this been resolved between you and the Host? Hope you are doing safe!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines