Three more guest deaths at Airbnb property

Three more guest deaths at Airbnb property

Sadly three more needless guest deaths occurred at an Airbnb property.  This is in addition to the nearly 600 guest \s who have been shot and killed at Airbnbs.  Airbnb senior level management has said they have implemented changes to prevent Airbnb guest deaths, but everything they have done so far has failed.   

8 Replies 8
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Ben4894 I hate it when the entire story is not told. It only takes a few minutes to do so. Three people at an airbnb vacation rental died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Mexico City. And sadly this can happen, and does happen, anywhere. 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/americans-found-dead-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-mexico-city/...

@Gwen386  I hate it to when people reply and do not tell the entire story.   This is right from Airbnb's web site. Airbnb gives hosts FREE smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms save lives. "All Airbnb Hosts with an active listing can get a free smoke & carbon monoxide alarm."

These 3 people would have been saved had the host installed the FREE smoke & carbon monoxide alarm.  I think it's very sad that some people take a non-caring attitude and think it's acceptable that people die when their death's could have been prevented.

Do you have the same attitude about the nearly 600 people who have died of lead poisoning projectiles from guns at Airbnbs?

I guess some of hosts here care about people's lives and others don't.

@Ben4894  I didn't know about that, wonder if it's USA only*. anyhoo, I bought my co2 monitors from Aldi, they had them recently for $25 and I bought 6 of them, we don't have gas but we do have combustion oven fireplaces. 

* oh I googled it and I ordered one, so i'll have a spare! I need 5 across my 3 listings, plus in our own rooms, and even though our old house has the "benefit" of being a bit draughty so co2 poisoning is less likely it's still good to have them. 

@Ben4894 wrote:

I guess some of hosts here care about people's lives and others don't.

I think this kind of passive aggressive piousness is not necessary. All the hosts here care deeply about this industry and the welfare of our guests. We might whinge from time to time, but to think we are so flippant is a bit unkind Ben.

@Gillian166   I will disagree.  There are Hosts who have posted here saying the shooting deaths did not happen.  Airnbn management admitted the shooting took place at an Airbnb property.  Then others voted this as being the best answer.   

If this is not disrespecting the dead what is it?  What kind of person would do that?

@Ben4894  I think people were disputing if it was in an airbnb. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What a truly appalling comment on your part @Ben4894 .

Why lie and try and put words into @Gillian166 mouth that clearly she did not say. 

Can you quote from her posts where she said it was acceptable that these guests died? Clearly she didn't. So why lie?

What Gillian actually said was that it was sad that this happened.

Many thousands sadly die every year from carbon monoxide poisoning. Most in their homes. Some in hotels and some in self-catering. 

Hopefully you will do the decent thing and apologise. 

For example in the US 50,000 went to hospital with CM every year and over 450 die.  Around the world around 41,000 people die every year for CM poisoning. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ben4894 et al

I am closing this thread as it has fallen off topic and the original poster has broken the Community Guidelines by making personal attacks and comments on other users. 

Members are welcome to discuss the news in the Community Center - respectfully to all members both here on Airbnb and outside of this space. We do not tolerate this type of behaviour here.

Thank you

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines