Three nice guests in a row so you know its time for drama

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Three nice guests in a row so you know its time for drama

This was my request to book this morning. 20 nights-- that is our max. No one ever books 20 nights lol. Zero reviews, initials as a name, location given as New York City.

"Hi Laura. I am interested in staying at your cottage for an extended period. I don't intend to share the details of my trip as I have a right to privacy in my leisure time. Suffice it to say I will be very respectful of your space. I would actually like to know if I can stay for 3 months, but for whatever reason I can't send in those dates. I would appreciate information on how often you visit the property, who takes care of the lawn, and how often other maintenance people are on site. Thank you for approving my request. Cordially, (XX)."

I was laughing as I hit "reject."

I just said:

"Thanks for your interest! We don't allow long term stays at this time. I wish you the best in finding a great place on Airbnb to spend your leisure time."

Are people getting more insane?

19 Replies 19

@Laura2592 Oh, my word!  Now that is a definite "no way"!

@Kitty-and-Creek0my husband said "traveling serial killer." LOL.

Lol, your husband made me laugh. I need some laughter.  Thank you.

Laura, I had someone who came from Phila to my area in Nj. He showed up at my home stating that he had a reservation.  I did approve him before and he cancelled the second time I approved him for a future date. The young man stated he was living in his BMW with no AC for a few weeks and he works at a clothing store.  I went on rejected his booking immediately. 

@Judith630 so he had canceled in the past and then just showed up??

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Laura2592  Oh my.  Nothing like starting off your request with a declaration of your rights, no red flag there.    And then making it clear that you don't want anyone around to witness? whatever your 'leisure time' activities might be.   Also, making it clear you didn't read the listing to understand that there is a limit on number of days, just a 'whatever'...can't be bothered with the rules.  Yikes.  

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Thank you for approving my request. Haha! I'm laughing too.

You should have said "I am declining your request. I don't intend to share the details of why as I have a right to privacy in my decision making." 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

" I don't intend to share the details of how often I visit the property, how often or who my maintenance people are, as I have a right to privacy in my business dealings. Not only can you not book for 3 months, you can't book ever. Cordially, Laura."

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Laura2592 

Thanks for providing an example of a request that should be declined without further ado.

I would have been tempted to reply with “no way, no how, not now and NOT EVER!” but that would have been pointless.

I hope she doesn’t figure out why her request was declined. She might be more diplomatic next time.

Perhaps, “I need three months to cook up a few batches of crank and I have a right to privacy while I’m doing it. Could you recommend a reputable chemical supplier in your area?”

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Laura2592   Ah, we visit in our leisure time and our maintenance guy is a nudist.  

Stephanie1933
Level 10
Christchurch, New Zealand

@Laura2592 oh my gosh! This made me LOL so much!! 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

We get a few funny ones, but @Laura2592  you really seem to get some hall of famers! 

Is there a hall of fame/shame thread somewhere? 

Alex208
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Red flag! Red flag! 😂

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Laura2592 it's targeting the greedy and the desperate. I wonder if there is a Prince in Zambia who wants to get on board the crazy train ?  after all; 'these are not the serial killers you are looking for'.

@Emilia42 and @Sarah977 I love the mirroring !