Total price

Answered!
Rebecca2123
Level 2
Washington, DC

Total price

I don't want to see PART of the price, I want to see the price including all taxes fees and charges. How can I select "book" when I haven't even been total the total fee I'm up for.

When will the pricing on Airbnb become transparent?

1 Best Answer

Hi @Rebecca2123 when you select a listing, proceed as if you are going to book it. Enter the number of guests and your travel dates. Airbnb will then provide a detailed breakdown of the costs. And then before finalizing the booking, you'll see the total price on the "confirm and pay" page. This includes the base rate, cleaning fee (if applicable), service fee, and any taxes. The service fee is a percentage of the total cost and varies per booking. Taxes depend on local regulations and are also added to the total. You will have the option to review your booking details, dates, number of guests, etc. on this page before confirming and paying. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @Rebecca2123 when you select a listing, proceed as if you are going to book it. Enter the number of guests and your travel dates. Airbnb will then provide a detailed breakdown of the costs. And then before finalizing the booking, you'll see the total price on the "confirm and pay" page. This includes the base rate, cleaning fee (if applicable), service fee, and any taxes. The service fee is a percentage of the total cost and varies per booking. Taxes depend on local regulations and are also added to the total. You will have the option to review your booking details, dates, number of guests, etc. on this page before confirming and paying. Hope this helps! 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rebecca2123 what country are you looking in? If Europe then, assuming you have added dates, you will see a fully inclusive price. In the USA I believe there is a toggle that lets you seen almost full price - Just the taxes are not included as apparently this is US law. I have no idea how other countries work.

In both USA and Australia, you don't see the full price including taxes. Yes, you can choose to see "almost" the full price. But who wants to know "almost" what they are paying?