Travelling to Cornwall from within UK

Roy621
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Travelling to Cornwall from within UK

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but this is my first post.I am due to stay in Cornwall for nearly a week from 11th May.It looks like I will have to cancel although I hate doing it.Going through the cancelling process I would need proof of the Govt.restrictions telling me not to travel.Why is this needed when the whole world is being told to stay at home.?I could claim credit for a future trip but I have no idea what my plans could be in a year or so.What sort of proof do I need to provide to convince Airbnb to grant a refund?

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Roy621 

I would choose the cash refund option (as I think you have) and then send the link to the Airbnb EC circumstances policy where it says you can have the full amount back in cash.

Please let me know if it works

Roy621
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

There is a cash refund option but even though its obvious I cannot travel I have to send some sort of screen grab with the governments instructions to stay at home.Cannot find a definitive one at the moment.Seems nobody at Airbnb listens to the news.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Glad to hear you got things sorted out @Roy621 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

. When am I allowed to leave the house?

You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:

• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
  • one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household
  • any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
  • travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home

This is from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/corona...

Roy621
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

A full refund is on its way to me.Filled in the online form attaching a screen grab of the Govt.travel restrictions which Mike-Jane emailed to me,thanks for that.Approved in about six hours.

Lee3265
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Please can you post the UK Gov website link? I’m stuck too!  Many thanks.