USB ports and phone chargers for guests

Answered!
Liesl6
Level 2
Denver, CO

USB ports and phone chargers for guests

I have USB ports and phone charging cables in all of my bedrooms for the guests convenience.

Does anyone else provide them? If so, do guests take them? I have had these items go missing so many times. Guests sometimes say it was an accident and apologize profusely, sometimes guests deny it and say they left them in a certain place in the house (not to be found).

Recently I placed labels on all of these items, "Do Not Remove, property of xxxx". Again, these items went missing, even with the labels. Obviously, I am not going to replace them again! Just wondering if any other host provides these items?

So frustrating.

1 Best Answer
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Liesl6 

About 1 year ago I took a red Sharpie and wrote AIRBNB on all 4 sides of the USB port I leave in the space. No one has taken it since. Sorry you have not had such luck. 😕

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Liesl6  I don't, for that very reason. I figure people usually carry those things with them anyway. I know I do.

Liesl6
Level 2
Denver, CO

Thanks. When I go to really nice hotels they provide them and I LOVE it. Anyway, learned my lesson. 

@Liesl6 Ah yes, but as a hotel guest, if you were to take one, there is no way you wouldn't pay for it. It's easy for an Airbnb guest to get away with it. That's the problem. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Liesl6 

About 1 year ago I took a red Sharpie and wrote AIRBNB on all 4 sides of the USB port I leave in the space. No one has taken it since. Sorry you have not had such luck. 😕

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Liesl6  I don't provide them, all my guests have brought their own. Maybe instead of leaving them, as long as you live close to your listing, you could just loan guests one if they ask. Then remind them to make sure to leave it in a certain place the morning of their check-out.

We have ports on the night stand light with 120v outlets.  We don’t supply the cables to the devices.  Those are too easy to “disappear”

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

... sadly, but ports disapear .. as well do adapters/converters 😕

I do not provide any more adapters (only on request) for USB ports I bought a cable connector with integrated ports, like in the picture, this would not be that easy to fall in the suitcase.

_max-hauri-steckdosenleiste-344950-001.xxl3.jpg

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I have three USB sockets (alongside the regular power) in my bedroom. Beside the bed (one at each side) and another at the desk. I don't ordinarily provide cables as people *generally* remember these. I provide on request only.

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

Bucking the trend, here. I do provide chargers, etc., and have been lucky enough in my guests that they've never gone missing. I think that providing these things is a big bonus for my guests, and even if they did disappear, I'd replace them and carry on. I suppose, though, that if they went missing on a very regular basis, I'd have to either charge more/night to make up for the added replacement costs, or consider removing them. Not sure which way I'd go with that at this point, though.

I like @Emilia42's idea of of writing all over it/them to lessen the chances of "mistakes".

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

When I first set my space up, I put things in there that I had extra of, or I wasn't using myself - like one of those universal socket adapters that allow for all kinds of plugs. That lasted about a week, and I've never replaced things that "walked". 

I do like the idea of clear labelling though - I had to do that with a number of my outdoor items (like planters and garden furniture)  after a pretty potted tree on my deck "walked" (probably a "landscaping company").  I've since marked everything with my house number in blue paint. 

@Michelle53  Perhaps the labels should say "I stole this from my Airbnb host".

@Sarah977  🤣

@Sarah977  yep, I like it 🙂

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Liesl6 I have several phone chargers for guests to use and have placed a big sticker on each part that says "AirBnB". I keep them in a big glass jar with a label that says "Please do not take these home with you". So far, I don't think anyone has taken them. I will admit that I did not buy them....they are just leftovers from previous guests who failed to pack them up.