Under 25

Answered!
Sacha126
Level 2
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom

Under 25

I accepted a booking in August for next week and only now have I realised they are only prob 20. I does say on my listing the lead guest must be 25. Am I in my right to cancel or should I of asked before I booked. I’m new to this so learning all the time. Thank you

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Sacha126 

I see you posted your question awhile ago, but did want to ensure you have all the information about this in the future. 

According to Airbnb's Nondiscrimination Policy, Hosts may not impose any different terms or conditions or decline a reservation based on the guest’s age or familial status, where prohibited by law.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Sacha126 

I see you posted your question awhile ago, but did want to ensure you have all the information about this in the future. 

According to Airbnb's Nondiscrimination Policy, Hosts may not impose any different terms or conditions or decline a reservation based on the guest’s age or familial status, where prohibited by law.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yet Airbnb allows hosts and Airbnb management companies in the US to specify over 21s or or 25's - why are they allowed more flexible booking conditions @Breanna ?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why do you want the lead guest to be over 25 @Sacha126 ?

Sacha126
Level 2
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom

Hi, We have put a lot of time and money into our place. Im not saying all but we have had  a couple of bad experiences when we first started hosting  by ** guests. **.    I know this is stereotyping  but bad experiences unfortunately make you feel this way and I have to protect my property.

**[Content removed inline with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that our Nondiscrimination Policy doesn’t allow for discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, disability, gender or sex. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Bad experience can sometimes happen to newer hosts who haven't learnt to vet guests/hosts who use IB without vetting .

I can only imagine how upsetting it was for you to have two bad experiences @Sacha126 

I've been hosting for eight years and have only had one set of bad guests - in their 30s.

I would say about a quarter of my guests are under 25 and I've had hundreds of guests. 

I can't see you've left any negative reviews for your guests so not sure who you are referring . Certainly having a hot tub does enco guests who like to party 🎉.

For me it's not about a guests age but whether they are a good fit for your place and whether they raise any red flags . 

best of luck