Unresponsive Guest

Answered!

Unresponsive Guest

Appreciate any help with this query.

I am due to have a guest arrive in less than 48 hours. So far the guest has been unresponsive and has not replied to messages asking about estimated time of arrival. This guest is renting a home in my home so I must be here to let them in. I'm starting to feel slightly uncomfortable letting someone into my home who hasn't responded. Is there anything I can do? I'm new to Airbnb hosting and so far all my guests have been amazing so this is new to me.

Top Answer
Bea2137
Level 10
Las Piñas, Philippines

Happens to me A LOT! I usually contact CS and ask them to help me get in touch with my guest. 

View Top Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Deborah1374
Level 1
Crestone, CO

I am dealing with a similar situation I have read the articles on what to do ans have messaged them and still waiting. They seem to disregard me and i am not comfortable either.

I would definitely recommend contacting customer support. I texted the guests mobile directly and when I still heard nothing I went to the support line. They were super helpful and got the guest to respond to me within an hour. 

Sally10
Level 9
Mill Valley, CA

Hi Sarah sometimes guests are busy and just don't respond.

Yes it's unsettling. I hope it all turned out ok ?  I have had some like that but everything was fine.

Just stressful on the Host (part of it )  Hosting is not an easy thing as many people think. But I love it and enjoy. along with the stress  it's just Part of Hosting . 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah5350 we get the odd guest like this and they are fine. If they don't use Airbnb a lot they may not have downloaded the app and may have replied to the texts Airbnb send them which go nowhere. Have you tried texting the guest directly?

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Sarah5350 
Did you try to call the guest or send the guest a text?

Bea2137
Level 10
Las Piñas, Philippines

Happens to me A LOT! I usually contact CS and ask them to help me get in touch with my guest. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah5350 

Good to hear that Airbnb Support were able to get the guest to respond to you.

How did the stay go?  I hope the lack of contact was just a blip.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines