Vacasa filters out reviews it doesn't like

Andy4022
Level 1
Oxford, MS

Vacasa filters out reviews it doesn't like

We stayed at a Vacasa property in Gulf Shores, Mandevilla at Martinique, in May. The house was plenty comfortable and we had a good time. We did have some issues. The fridge didn't cool or make ice. We had to keep all our perishables in the wine cooler and make a trip to buy ice everyday. The golf cart would lose power and die, even with a full charge. This was a huge problem because the house is pretty far from the beach and security was super strict about cars parking near the beach. We contacted Vacasa and told them of the problems and was told they would reach out to the local office. We never heard back after a few days and reached out to Vacasa again and were told the same thing. Never heard from anyone during our entire stay or after. I left an honest review on their website and it still hasn't posted 30 days later. I asked Vacasa about a week after we left why my review hasn't posted and was told it takes 3-20 days. Now they are saying they are behind on reviews yet every other one of their Gulf Shores properties has a review posted that was written after my review. Vacasa is filtering reviews they don't like. Renter beware. Will never use this company again.

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andy4022 did you not leave a review on Airbnb? It is a shame if not as Vacasa seem to not be a very good company!

I actually rented directly through Vacasa's website.  I posted here because I see that Vacasa has a lot of their properties under their management listed on Airbnb.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am sorry you had  these issues.  Was there a reason why you didn't contact Airbnb (as they suggest on your booking confirmation) when Vascasa didn't respond. Likely you would have got compensation.,

Wonder why didn't you leave a review on Airbnb to warn future guests booking through the platform @Andy4022  rather than leaving a review for Vacasa? 

Personally I'd never book a STR through a large management platform many of them  have terrible reviews always look for individual superhosts with great recent reviews . 

@Helen3 It seems that @Andy4022 booked directly via Vacasa and didn’t use Airbnb. @Andy4022 had you booked on the Airbnb platform Vacasa wouldn’t be able to avoid a review from you as reviews are automatically posted 14 days after check out or the second the second part leaves a review.