Verified ID Badge versus 4 Verifications

Answered!
Sharon4
Level 2
Lake Arrowhead, CA

Verified ID Badge versus 4 Verifications

A person inquiring has Four Verifications: 1. email address "verified" 2. phone number 3. Facebook (183 friends) and 4. one review. This person however, does not have a "Verified ID" badge. 

Is there a step they have not completed? This happens occasionally and I cannot find a specific answer to this. Trying to determine if I should rent to this person, I require a "verified ID."

Thanks!

Sharon

1 Best Answer
Queenie0
Level 10
United States

It probably is not showing as Verified because they didn't submit a photo ID. If you require guests to be verified, they will have to complete the process when they request a reservation (Airbnb will notify them)

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/450/what-is-verified-id

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Queenie0
Level 10
United States

It probably is not showing as Verified because they didn't submit a photo ID. If you require guests to be verified, they will have to complete the process when they request a reservation (Airbnb will notify them)

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/450/what-is-verified-id

I have an issue with the photo identification in that I don't know WHAT kind of photo identification is necessary - could a library card work, or something that is not a government document like a driver's license, or passport? It doesn't make sense for guests to give photo id that involves such government documentation as it leaves them vulnerable to any Airbnb hacking that could occur even when encryption is in operation. 

This is a question I guest had at my place and I'd love an answer.

Even with a Verified ID, if a guest has zero reviews, I'd like to have a copy of the photo ID (or at least the full name) of all guests -- prior to arrival, so that I can run a background check. Is there a reason that I cannot request this? and then I'd also like to see the photo ID of each person upon check-in to make sure that they are who they say they are? My second guest refuses to tell me his full name or the name of his guest. This seems wrong. They arrived last night and he looks nothing like his photo.