Verified Identity

Verified Identity

Hello All

Please help!

I received a request to book in the new year for 2 months.  Problem is, the guest is labeled by Airbnb as "Identity Verified", however he / she does not have a last name listed.  According to Airbnb a guest is only verified if they provide a first and last name.  I asked this guest why he/she was looking to rent short term and to tell me how many in his party.  He/she responded but only somewhat partially that he was visiting with military family.  He/she ignored my request to provide a last name.

What is best way to handle this?

Thanks so much!

Christina

3 Replies 3
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Christina1105 the guests last name does not appear until the booking is verified. Only after the verification can you ask for full id before arrival .    H

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Christina1105,

The guest's first and last name are revealed after the reservation has been accepted.  The reason why last name's are not disclosed before then is part of Airbnb's anti-discrimination policy.  Some guests had reported and complained that their reservations were declined because their las name indicated ethnicity or ancestry.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Christina1105 < how did this Guest work out in the end?

I have no problem with anyone restricting knowledge online in their profiles that are visible online because there are people who for whatever reason may have and are still experiencing Personal Safety fears so need that added layer of privacy and safety in their lives.

I have hosted someone who used initials because of their job and rights to a private life.

There is far too much personal information belonging to all of us online that has been collected using coercive ways that is a legal minefield.

Data Minimization is the way to go via Message threads.