Violent guest, Airbnb still allowing him to rent!

Vanesa111
Level 2
Joshua Tree, CA

Violent guest, Airbnb still allowing him to rent!

I am a superhost in Joshua Tree. I rent out of small casita on 5 acres, adjacent to my own home. Its been going great until I had a guest and his girlfriend get into a violent dispute outside of the Airbnb.

I have security footage, the police were called. It was extremely scary.

After submitting all the information to airbnb, I have found that this persons account has been RESTORED and he is still able to rent on airbnb!!! 

Airbnb said they could find NO evidence he violated the terms of community standards?? I guess someone needs to actually die in order for guests to be banned from airbnb. Absolutely appalling. I am considering just switching entirely to another platform at this point. Airbnb does NOT care about safety for hosts or guests.

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Vanesa111,

I'm truly sorry to hear that you went through this difficult situation. While I'm not part of the Customer Service team, I wanted to let you know that I've passed your concerns on to the relevant team.

I will keep you posted.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I appreciate that Paula; Airbnb has already stated that they found no violationg of the community guidelines. I'm honestly sick to my stomach over this and had to step away. I'm not even pursuing my reimbursement request for the ruined towels or sheets at this point. I just want this guest banned from airbnb.

Sadly, I thought my case was an isolated incident. Now that I'm on Airbnb forum, I see that this is a common problem. Airbnb simply does not care and will not care. I've closed all my listing dates that remained for the year, pending possible exit from Airbnb. No amount of money is worth my personal safety. I live in the country where police take a long time to arrive; this event took them several hours. I could be dead by then. I mostly have wonderful guests who really enjoy their stay in the desert.