Walk in guest paying

Tracy784
Level 2
Hednesford, United Kingdom

Walk in guest paying

a friend has suggest to a friend to use my apartment . They want to pay via their Visa card .  How do I do that ? My normal thought was to give them 

my bank details but they want to use their business Visa card and want a receipt . 
I know my apartment is on other sites . So. It not solely on AirBnB . 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tracy784 you would need to get a payment machine to take Visa cards. Toolstation used to do one. 

Tracy784
Level 2

thanks for that . I was just going to give her my bank details , it’s easier for me . but then have asked for an invoice . I’m like oooh , I can type one up I suspect and clip the payment from the machine up . 
I’ll  have a look at tool station . 

thank you  

@Tracy784 we regularly give receipts which we just type up in a standard Word format. No complaints yet. Paying into our bank is the method we use for returning guests but some people have to use their business credit card in which case they have to use Airbnb

Tracy784
Level 2

Hi. 
I’ve learnt that you can use PayPal and you request the money after they have given you their email , so looking to try that first if not I’m going to get a sum up  card . It’s on special at £14.99 from tool station . I’ve spoken to somebody that I know uses one when they’re on the road or doing shows and it seems to work well you pay a fee of 1.69% per transaction it’s an option to look out.

Tracy784
Level 2

Hi, have used PayPal and if you use it on a laptop or tablet and not the app you can actually create an invoice as well. So there’s no need for your sum up payment machine. Which is a brilliant idea but you can do it via PayPal and create an invoice to suit you with a transaction details and everything so , that’s the way I’m going to move forward at the moment but thanks for your help.