Weather Again Guest Decided On Their Own To Leave Early.

Matthew2207
Level 1
Gahanna, OH

Weather Again Guest Decided On Their Own To Leave Early.

Tropical storm coming in Myrtle Beach Rain started today. (In MBSC)

Guest left today almost 3.5 days ahead of time.

Should a Voucher be provided or nothing at all?  There is still things to do besides the beach indoors.

I feel like this is a basic question but still like to know some updated input. Special since I feel guidelines change every few months. 

4 Replies 4
Tameka26
Level 1
Savannah, GA

If you want my opinion due to unforeseen weather. And possible flooding yes they should be provided something. These guest might have small children or family that will be affected by the storm and trying to get him to help them or board up there on homes. Great customer service, compassion and understanding will always take your business a long way.

I was considering that, thank you for the input!

cheers,

M

Hi @Matthew2207 ,

Agree with your sentiment. Here's our feelings:

We had a guest leave early this week as well. They just got on the road late in the afternoon and emailed that "something came up at home and need to get back"...to Maryland. They thanked us, said they had a wonderful time. While they didn't mention the storm we surmise it may have something to do with this early departure. 

Nonetheless, we plan on refunding one full night as a good faith gesture. I can't re-sell the left over nights nor can I use them myself, and they didn't ask for a refund but I have a general rule of thumb to refund when such arises, even if they don't ask. 

I am waiting to confirm with my cleaning crew that all is in good order at the house. Once I get that green light I'll send the refund.

This tactic has worked well in general, what comes-around-goes-around we feel and I would like to have these guests as a repeat booking.

Wishing you much success!!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Matthew2207 👋

I hope you all stayed safe in the storm. You've got some wonderful support here from some of our Hosts. Have any of the answers helped? 

If so, it's always a lovely gesture to pop a like on the comments 👍  and mark a best answer ☑️ . It's like a big virtual hug to the members who supported you and the best answer also supports other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines