What happens when you decline many guests?

Answered!
Linda1153
Level 2
Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand

What happens when you decline many guests?

I just received an email from Airbnb telling me that my property is less likely to be shown in searches because I have declined the last three requests.

These requests all included people asking for things outside what my listing offers i.e less nights than the minimum, tents on the lawn, 12 guests instead of 5.

Why am I being penalised for this? Has anyone else encountered this problem? 

1 Best Answer
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Hi @Linda1153, we all get those I think. All of yours are easy to accept, to avoid punishment (which will include suspension of you keep declining).

less nights than the minimum: ACCEPT; You are most welcome to come, but only for a longer stay which exceeds the minimum stay. If this doesn't suit you, you have 48 hours to cancel penalty free.

tents on the lawn: ACCEPT: You are most welcome to stay but not with any tents sorry. If this doesn't suit you, you have 48 hours to cancel penalty free.

12 guests instead of 5: ACCEPT: You are most welcome to come, but only five of you. If this doesn't suit you, you have 48 hours to cancel penalty free.

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I also get this all the time, they get through the filters (aka limitations like max numbers) during booking and then the 'special requests' begin. The word NO is then one's most powerful tool.