When you travel & stay in an Airbnb - what type of accommodation do you prefer?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

When you travel & stay in an Airbnb - what type of accommodation do you prefer?

Airbnb AccomodationAirbnb Accomodation

Hi everyone, 

When travelling and searching for an Airbnb for a perfect staycation, you may come across a variety of listings and property types that you might want to explore. When travelling as a guest, do you go for an entire home or unit to have the place to yourself or prefer to go for an attached or detached apartment that has a private entrance? Or do you prefer shared homes? Do you specifically look for unique stays at rustic cabins or go for a modern apartment, located in the heart of the city? 

We would love to hear from our Hosts, what type of accommodation do you prefer when travelling as guests 😉 🏘?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

19 Replies 19
Hayley253
Level 2
Huntingdon, United Kingdom

I normally opt for a unique entire property with character. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That's a brilliant one @Hayley253  😉 What type of unique stays have you explored till date?

Is there a go-to unique stay that you'd like to revisit some day? 

-----

Said191
Level 2
Peterborough, United Kingdom

I look for something like my home with great welcome

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Good one @Said191 ! Comfort is so much important when selecting a stay! Has there been a memorable experience for you as a guest, where another Host provided exceptional hospitality during your stay? 😍

-----

Cheryl978
Level 2
Colchester, United Kingdom

I like to stay in a self contained place, but be able to interact with host when I need to. Countryside and quiet. But I also like a city break accommodation as long as they have limited amount of noise during the evening while I’m sleeping. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Cheryl978 , Sounds like a great balance between privacy and interaction. 😉 Do you recall any host interaction during your stay as a guest , that has inspired or impacted your hosting style?

-----

Helen3106
Level 2
Warrington, United Kingdom

Hi. I tend to look for somewhere with a bit of character - an unusual building if possible. The type of property depends on the where and why I am travelling. A cool city apartment or a quirky woodland base. I like the variety really. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Helen3106  , It's great to hear that you appreciate unique and character-filled properties. Have you had a chance to stay at a unique stay-house? for eg : rustic cabin in a forest or a glamp? Do you have any specific destinations, you're looking to explore for your next trip? 😉

-----

Trudy125
Level 1
Swindon, United Kingdom

Hi 👋👋👋 It depends who I'm with and where I'm going. If it's a city break then a city apartment in the middle of everything. If it's for r&R somewhere quiet, away from it all, with private outdoor space and ideally a pool or hot tub. With lots of lovely countryside and maybe a pub

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Trudy125 👋

Sounds like you manage to have a wonderful balance between city adventures and countryside retreats. Which has been one of your favorite and memorable Airbnb stays so far? 😉

-----

Angie755
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

When I’m travelling, I look for unique quirky properties something that’s very different. I find that’s the whole purpose of Airbnb. You can travel all around the world and stay in the most wonderful homes.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Angie755 , absolutely! It’s so nice to hear that you enjoy staying in quirky and distinctive listings. From your Airbnb stays so far, has there been any listing where you've found one of the most unusual or interesting feature as a guest?

-----

Angela3509
Level 1
Holt, United Kingdom

Something self-contained, clean and comfortable and walking distance to a beach with a balcony or outside space to sit and sip wine.   

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Angela3509 , You've described a dream location for many guests out there, especially during summers🏖 . Such an ideal set up! 

Have you had any memorable stays like you've described? Do you have any favorite beach destinations? Also, when you select a listing near a beach, what other amenities do you think adds value from a guest perspective?

-----