Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Answered!
Marie70
Level 1
Singapore

Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Hi! 

When we first put up our listing on Airbnb, there were a number of enquiries coming in everyday. But since the last 3-4 days, there's a sudden halt in enquiries.

I wonder if anyone encountered the same issue recently? Is it something wrong with my listing? 

Some enlightenment from other Hosts/Airbnb would be of great help!

Thank you  😊 

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Denise710 @Marie70 @Helen19 @Helen427 

Girls, I am now of the opinion this is a glitch in the system and the reason it has not been fixed is because it is smasmodic, it is random and they can't track down where the error is! I don't know this but I suspect it!

I consistently average 10-12 reservations a month, have been doing so for the past 18 months. Even when my total views for the month were down to 320-360 I would still get at least 10 bookings. 

From the last week in March this year, through all of April and into May (Over 5 weeks)  I did not get one new booking....well that is not strictly true I did get 3 bookings as a result of pre-approvals I gave back in February. Apart from that absolutely nothing! At one stage my views page showed 1 new booking for past 30 days

I got onto CX and asked them to check on the status of my listing.....were they seeing something that I was not...or had my account been subject to internal treatment by Airbnb. She assured me all was good with my account and gave me a lot of stats....some that I was not even aware of and she said it must be just seasonal!

Within a day of making that call, all of a sudden the reservations are coming again. I have had 16 Airbnb bookings and 4 Stayz bookings in the past 30 days........

monthly bookings.png

Now at that point, my reaction was CX probably did a bit of resetting and got the booking ship upright again.

But I did have an interesting enquiry though. The guest said he had tried 3 or 4 times to book my listing in that drought period and he could not get past the check-out page. As soon as he tried to submitt for payment, the site said  booking failed, try again later. They waited for a couple of weeks and were about to go somewhere elsewhere and thought they would give the booking of my place one last try and, it went through! It was accepted. I asked him if there had been an issue with his payment method and he assured me there was nothing wrong on his end, it seemed to be an Airbnb problem!

Now fortunately this has not cost me anything, I had plenty of upcoming bookings anyway but I have heard of some hosts here who are being devistated by a sudden lack of business so I suggest keep on badgering CX. The more we get on their backs the more likely we are to try and hget to the bottom of this....what ever it is!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

205 Replies 205
Scott125
Level 3
Florida, United States

I've been booked pretty much solid on both of my properties for the last year and booked 2-3 months in advance... it's been too good to be true. Then about a month ago everything went  COMPLETELY quiet and now I have just $400 in the pipeline, no requests, no idea what's going on. I'm a super host who's never had anything but 5-Stars up until a few weeks ago when a lunatic left day poor review. Could such a small percentage of my 30 5-STAR reviews be affecting me so greatly? 

** I did get into it with a Airbnb representative who was extremely unprofessional, rude, and threatened to pull my listing down. There are no supervisors to speak with so I'm wondering if it's possible she was able to reconfigure my availability or ranking in some way.

Sept 1

Concerned 

Terry136
Level 2
Everett, WA

I'm just a week with no bookings, I had no inquiries either I'm always full I lowered my price to 39.00 can you look at my bnb , I have added new things for the last nine months that I have been open for guest everyone is happy. Now  dead😒

New host here with all the usual stupid question of no bookings. I have just listed mine - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20713574 - and immnediately after the listing I got 3 requests in following several hours. "Things are looking good" - I thought to myself. Not so fast, said the reality. There was (and still is) silence after this. No inquiries, no bookngs. I believe I am competetively priced (looking at other listings, even priced below AirBnB smart price suggestion), and I see on Stats page that I get the views - and I independently verified that my listing does appear in the search in a decent position when looking for my metro area. I have instant booking on. Is there a fundamental problem with my listing? I would greatly appreciate if someone can have a look and see if something just sticks out and serves as a guest repellent.

But still what puzzles me most is the dynamics. Why 3 in a first couple of hours and than nothing for days?

Thanks in advance!

Same problem here.

The different with a lot of hosts here is that I have been running my listing for more than a year, but it was just recently that I rarely received any inquiry neither bookings.

Until recently, the occupation rate was pretty good and profit was generated each month.

Suddently ... since last month or so, everything has stopped ! I suffered some lost during October 2017, and in November is the same and December will be worse if I can't get this sorted out.

Any idea would be appreciated ....

My listing : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13384584

@Olga201, I am relatively new to AirBnB myself, so I also experienced the initial rush of requests immedately after first activating our listing.

My understanding (as explained by the more experienced hosts) is that brand new listings gets a lot of good promotion.

I myself noticed that we were highlighted in upper left in a "New Listing!" box for our city.

After your listing is no longer the new listing, things seem to settle back to normal... whatever that is for your city or listing.

Plus, as you book up, there are fewer hits by guests who might be searching for dates your listing is not available.

Rachel395
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi All,

I've been having the same issues the past couple of days. I have bookings in October and for a bit in December. However, this past week, I haven't gotten any inquiries to my place. Can @Dede take a look for me please?

Your just fine, hang in there!

Bookings will come I had the same issue around this same time and it was very disconcerning.

It took about a couple of months but then I started getting bookings regularly.

Tammy

Chiedozie0
Level 1
Edison, NJ

Hi,

I am a recent host who started a little less than a month ago. At first when I started, I was getting bookings. Then, all of a sudden, I see my listing views skyrocketing without any newer bookings in the last week. I have done very great things for guests in the past, but they have not reviewed me as this would have most likely left a positive review. However, the last 2 reviews about my listing (appear on top) were not the most favorable reviews and I suspect that these reviews severely hurt my chances of getting bookings. Can you look more into this for me? I sincerely appreciate it. Thank you for taking care to solve my problem with bookings.

Chie

Nothing is wrong

Happened to me too and it came back by itself.

Dont do anything and you will see it will be booked again...

Had that same problem but eventually you will start getting bookings again. Hang in there!

Tammy

Carren0
Level 1
Belmopan, Belize

I have had the same thing for weeks now I have had no new bookings! My last booking was from a repeat customer.  My place keeps getting nicer but am getting less bookings? I notice that Airbnb is pushing Tokeet, is it because I cannot afford to pay for this service as my hotel is small?

I just encountered this thread.

It seems like there would be a market for a column called

"Dear Dede"

Eva332
Level 1
Miami, FL

Same thing here! I'm a host with a loooot of reviews and 4 years hosting experience. I added new listings thinking to expand my business, but now all of my 6 listings are struggling to get bookings and it's a very high season in south Florida! It's getting frustrating:( any suggestions?

Hi Eva

Did you ever find out the reason for this? We have the same problem !

Romano6
Level 3
Florence, Italy

We have the same problem. We listed 2 apartments in Florence with Air BnB at the end of May and were busy through October. In July we listed the same apts on Booking.com, were we had a few reservations for the fall and December/January.

Since January 1 we haven't had a single reservation come through Air BnB. ALL our reservations are coming through Booking.com. The guests are mostly from Asia, some from eastern and western Europe, and the balance from the Americas. They are booking much further in advance then the guests did during the summer.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Is the Booking.com guest a planner? Is the Air BnB guest a last minute type of person? Is Air BnB available to the asian guest? What is the personna of each type of guest? Could there be something wrong with our Air BnB listings?