Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Answered!
Marie70
Level 1
Singapore

Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Hi! 

When we first put up our listing on Airbnb, there were a number of enquiries coming in everyday. But since the last 3-4 days, there's a sudden halt in enquiries.

I wonder if anyone encountered the same issue recently? Is it something wrong with my listing? 

Some enlightenment from other Hosts/Airbnb would be of great help!

Thank you  😊 

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Denise710 @Marie70 @Helen19 @Helen427 

Girls, I am now of the opinion this is a glitch in the system and the reason it has not been fixed is because it is smasmodic, it is random and they can't track down where the error is! I don't know this but I suspect it!

I consistently average 10-12 reservations a month, have been doing so for the past 18 months. Even when my total views for the month were down to 320-360 I would still get at least 10 bookings. 

From the last week in March this year, through all of April and into May (Over 5 weeks)  I did not get one new booking....well that is not strictly true I did get 3 bookings as a result of pre-approvals I gave back in February. Apart from that absolutely nothing! At one stage my views page showed 1 new booking for past 30 days

I got onto CX and asked them to check on the status of my listing.....were they seeing something that I was not...or had my account been subject to internal treatment by Airbnb. She assured me all was good with my account and gave me a lot of stats....some that I was not even aware of and she said it must be just seasonal!

Within a day of making that call, all of a sudden the reservations are coming again. I have had 16 Airbnb bookings and 4 Stayz bookings in the past 30 days........

monthly bookings.png

Now at that point, my reaction was CX probably did a bit of resetting and got the booking ship upright again.

But I did have an interesting enquiry though. The guest said he had tried 3 or 4 times to book my listing in that drought period and he could not get past the check-out page. As soon as he tried to submitt for payment, the site said  booking failed, try again later. They waited for a couple of weeks and were about to go somewhere elsewhere and thought they would give the booking of my place one last try and, it went through! It was accepted. I asked him if there had been an issue with his payment method and he assured me there was nothing wrong on his end, it seemed to be an Airbnb problem!

Now fortunately this has not cost me anything, I had plenty of upcoming bookings anyway but I have heard of some hosts here who are being devistated by a sudden lack of business so I suggest keep on badgering CX. The more we get on their backs the more likely we are to try and hget to the bottom of this....what ever it is!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

205 Replies 205

Hi 

Shellie from Dandenong ranges in Victoria.

We've been flying along ..super host with bells and whistles..;

since we joined last October.Then nothing now for three weeks

Its unnerving!

How are your booking now? Have they come back?

I had the same problem.

1. Make your listing 100% refund

2. Make your price lower

3. In a few days your bookings will come back to normal again

M-and-I0
Level 7
Hong Kong

It's because Airbnb changes listing rankings based on their preferences. They generally promote newer, more frequently updated units and lower units that are frequently booked, have cancellations or do not follow smart pricing and turn on instant book etc. Listing ranking generally contributes majorly to how many bookings you get unless you are a solid host offering top notch units at reasonable prices or your area has more demand than supply.

Gregg13
Level 2
Fort Wayne, IN

I just put up my listing no inquiries for the first 6 days yet.  But I did block out several initial days just to set things up perfect.  Does anyone have any thoughts regarding my listing.  You think I'll get a few bookings? 

You asked for feedback, I did a quick reading of your listing; it wasn't clear to me if the guest area has a separate entrance and is a totally independent part of your home; I would suggest that you clarify this point. Also, I don't think I read anything about the parking and washer/drier use. Regarding the snacks, I don't like the idea of selling snacks but if that's what your competitors are doing, then go for it.

Wishing you success with your airbnb business.

Taffy7
Level 1
Hebron, KY

They are discriminating against MAGA/Trump people. Thank the Biden administration for it.

Scott125
Level 3
Florida, United States

Obviously not the case...  but I will thank the Biden admin for record high stock market and lowest unemployment! Thanks President Biden! 

Charlotte181
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

I joined at the end of May 2017 and got bookings immediately. June was very full. But, I only have a few for July and I have not had a single inquiry or booking for 11 days. Does anyone know why? I'd appreciate it if someone could look at my listing to see if there is a reason that bookings have stopped. Thanks. Charlotte

Deana9
Level 1
Paso Robles, CA

Hello

ive noticed lately inquiries but no bookings I'm wondering if there something that I need to change can you please look through it and let me know what you think. 

Thank you. 

Deana

I would suggest reducing the price by a few dollars to see if you motivate guests to book. You have a lovely home. Please correct the title of your listing -- the word is "flair" and not "flare"...

First of all, it is very comforting to hear that we are not alone in this. It is so exciting as new hosts to get inquiries and requests, and a little alarming when it goes quiet.

We are finding that in our dashboard stats we are getting lots of views and saves, but when we do an organic search for our city in airbnb we, and some of our friends, can't find our listing in any of the search results. Have any of you run into this problem?

We've been finding that adjusting our calendar, flexibility, listing photos and pricing has helped. We are waiting on some (hopefully) positive reviews.

Hello -

This situation seems to effect lots of hosts.  I'm also not the expert to tell you why, when you do your own searching, you don't find your listing.  When inquiries started diminishing, I first checked to see my visibility.   I even asked a friend in another city to look specifically, (not just in my city) but in my neighborhood and the results were mixed.

Finally, I called the Airbnb "help center" and they advised me to make slight changes to the listing (i.e., change the name or price) then the program "system" considers your listing "new" and you go to the top of the selections.  This has helped and improved bookings.  So you are on the right track with your slight modifications.  Hope this is helpful and improves your bookings.

Kirsty25
Level 1
Tavira, Portugal

I joined air bnb in January and intantly received bookings,  I have recently had no new enquiries or bookings. Is it something I have done? Thanks, Kirsty

@Kirsty25

Sugiro que voce regularmente (pelo menos uma vez por semana) modifique seu preco (suba ou desca um pouquinho), troque a sequencia de fotos, altere um pouco a descricao da sua casa, etc, para que sempre tenha atividade da sua conta e sua casa apareca em cima e nao abaixo nos resultados quando um hospede estiver buscando alojamento na sua vizinhanca.  Se voce nao tem "instant booking" sugiro que voce altere o seu perfil para aceitar instant booking. Boa sorte e me diga se deu certo!

Jaba1
Level 1
Tbilisi, Georgia

Hello Dede

Can you check my listing too?

Best

J