Won't let me book because apparent "Party Risk" ??

Steven1487
Level 2
Oshkosh, WI

Won't let me book because apparent "Party Risk" ??

Age 30, residing in WI. Trying to book a home for 2 nights to see family in LA, CA. Keep getting denied for party risk... I don't understand, I thought I meet the criteria to not have this issue... Am I missing something?

7 Replies 7

Your account is brand new. That’s a red flag for parties, and if it’s a big house. 

What criteria are you referring to ? 

You’ll have to call support. 

Thanks for the response. I've had an account for years, but have only hosted. Other people in my groups made the reservations for Airbnbs I've traveled to in the past. Regardless, I do agree with you I could see that as being an issue, but after speaking with support they didn't say anything about my account being a limiting factor. Only the group size as a "potential reason for the algorithm." I asked for any definitive actions or solutions I could pursue, but they didn't have any answers other than recommending hotels and private rooms...

@Steven1487 did you try to do instant book or an inquiry to the host. ?Talk to the host and explain who will be staying and that this is a family event , not a party event . If the host generally hosts larger numbers then they should have a process.,. it could be because you have no previous reviews, or have not had a conversation with the host or have not advised the host of an answer to any host questions. Read the listing carefully ... H

Good questions. I did in fact speak with the host, and they were more than happy to host my family and I. Unfortunately, they didn't know of anything to try differently on their end to allow the booking attempts to process. I even tried, with the hosts permission, selecting only 8 people as the group size when attempting to book and was still denied.

Clicking the "learn more" link on the party risk pop-up, it mentioned something along the lines of the booking being short notice as potential concern. It's a whole month away though so I'm guessing that's just generic info.

At this point, I'm assuming it's due to lack of reviews as a guest like ya'll have suggested, despite Airbnb support ambassadors saying otherwise. I've given up and our family is getting separate hotel rooms. It is what it is. Maybe I'll give Vrbo a try instead.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Steven1487 , 

I just wanted to drop this link that talks about party risk in case you wanted to explore further : Reservation screening – potential party risk . I hope it sheds some light on your situation.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Steven1487
Level 2
Oshkosh, WI

Spoke with Airbnb's customer service, and was informed because its a group size of 12 people the algorithm has a high potential to flag reservation as party risk, despite my age, location, and the listing stating it accommodates 16+ people. So I tried rebooking with only 8 people and I'm still getting flagged for party risk. I don't understand.

Did you ever find a solution? @Steven1487