Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Writing a review

Writing a review

I had a guest that booked 9 nights ..

he jammed my bathroom door shut .. got locked in the bathroom for about 15 mins .. he says as I was at work.. I had to get the door fixed lucky my nephew was able to fix it for me, left the hot water tap running in the shower for about 5 hours as I discovered it when I came home.. every night he was talking really loud on the ph.. had the heater going all night when I had asked if he only use it till he went to sleep.. he had a nice big think blanket on his bed .. my house is double brick so very warm. When I spoke to him about this he said he was cold ..

he canceled his booking which i accepted.. 

as I didn’t want to get a bad review..

I have to pay back the 6 nights he didn’t stay.  
this money will come out of my next bookings.

no one has booked since .  

Not sure what to write in his review.

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tania790 just write an honest review of what the guest did. Ideally add any positives as well.

Thank you

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Tania790 ,

Did you leave any reviews for this guest yet? Do keep us posted on what you decide on mentioning in your review.

Did the guest leave a good review for you?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No I have not left the review yet.. I have half written the review was going to leave it on the last day … no the guest hasn’t written mine yet.. 

as I know if I tell the truth about him he would prob write me a not nice review ..

Thanhs for asking ..

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

I see @Tania790 !! Please feel free to share it with us if you would like our Host members to review it for you, or if you have any doubts about what to mention or not.

In many instances, our members have helped other Hosts write an honest review for guests before posting, just to be sure. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you 🙏 I appreciate that.. have a wonderful day 😇

Hi @Tania790 ,

Just tell the truth and other hosts will not allow him in their home.  These reviews are very helpful.  however, you can charge him for your door.  When he canceled you should have not accepted it you would not have had to pay him back  He canceled not you.  People can be so disrespectful.  You need to have a monitor on your utility bills set it up online and you will get emails or texts about your usage. Hope this helps.