Wrong number of booked nights reported by airbnb

Paul11256
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Wrong number of booked nights reported by airbnb

My property is in city of Los Angeles with the regular permit that allows 120 nights of short term bookings per calendar year. To date, I have 112 booked nights on my calendar for 2024. However, on the day I applied for the extended permit with city of Los Angeles, which was also the day I earned superhost status, my airbnb calendar suddenly was locked and I received an email from airbnb saying I had 184 booked nights. Despite providing sufficient evidence to prove I only have 112 nights booked in 2024, airbnb support and their engineering team continue to insist that my calendar should be locked. They have been incredibly frustrating to deal with. At this point, I’m looking for any help I can find. Has anyone else experienced this error? Does anyone know a lawyer who can help me pursue legal action?

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Paul11256 How will a lawyer help with anything other than relieving you of your money?

I’m open to any other suggestions. 

@Paul11256  You have 112 nights booked and are only allowed 120 -- an 8 nights difference.  I know that that is a loss, but not an insurmountable one.  You could advertise via another platform until you have reached your permitted max.

Question:  Do you have AirBnB set up to block a cleaning day for each booking?  That may be triggering the overage as those days are blocked separately from the guest booking that they are applied to.

Are they allowing your calendar to be open for bookings in 2025?

@Paul11256 

In addition to the other suggestions, you can simply download all your reservations so far and send that to Airbnb to prove the number of nights booked:

Joan2709_0-1720878999998.png

Joan2709_1-1720879033288.png

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Paul11256 Does the 120 night limit apply to a calendar year or a rolling year or some other type of year (such as a permit year)?