Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Yale Lock Automation Code Expires too early

Chris16557
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Yale Lock Automation Code Expires too early

I just had this issue today. My check out is at 11:00AM and it was 10:40AM and my guest could not open the Yale lock with her automated code. I even tried it and it would not open. 

I am suspecting that the timing of the lock is not in proper sync with the time. 

Is there a way to change the check out time by say 20mins so that acts as a buffer for the code? I checked airbnb and the only check out times are on the hour. Ex. 10am, 11am, or 12pm, etc. 

And yes, the automated message airbnb gives is horrible. Please change that too. 

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Chris16557 

I was wondering if, since the time you posted in our community, you've figured out how to change the time on the lock. If so, it would be great if you could share your solution with our community.😊

Discussions about locks are quite common in our community. I'm sharing some of them here in case you'd like to take a look.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello, I have not found a solution to the problem yet. I will contact Yale Support and see what they say. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you spoken to Yale. If not that should be your starting point @Chris16557