Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

airbnb renting BLOCKED listings

airbnb renting BLOCKED listings

Twice in the past month Airbnb has sent me requests for dates that I had BLOCKED because I was using the condo myself....

Three weeks ago on my phone I received a request for a date I had BLOCKED because I was using the place

This morning again the same thing happened..... *

PLUS being very very busy I had switched to SMART pricing which put prices WELL  below other prices for similar places. 

* algorithms to me are NEVER wrong, luckily because there is no way to argue or try to reason with them !!! so this is frightening !! Luckily there are clever agents to phone and to help...............

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Merrily2 

I don't know how Airbnb could send a request for a night that was manually blocked directly on your Airbnb calendar. However, if you perhaps blocked the dates elsewhere (on a calendar that imports to the Airbnb calendar), it's possible that you could get a booking request between calendar sync cycles. If this is the case, you could do a manual sync to make sure it doesn't happen (availability, connect calendars, refresh). 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Merrily2 just one thought - Are you blocking nights or days? The Airbnb system works on nights which can be a bit confusing when you are blocking for personal use.