answering enquiries

Answered!

answering enquiries

we will not be able to answer guest enquiries while we are away for two weeks and will have no internet access.

how can i notify guests that we will respond to their enquiry when we are back in the house?

thank you, diane

1 Best Answer
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Alpenhof0 the best thing to do is to snooze your listing. While the listing is snoozed you will not received enquiries or appear in searches so there is no risk of an enquiry arriving which you can't respond to because you have no internet.

On a PC/laptop go to the calendar and in the menu down at the bottom where it says Listed change it to Snoozed. You will be asked to enter the start and end dates and will get an email 24 hours before the snooze ends to remind you that the listing is going live again.

On the smartphone app go to Listings, select the room then scroll all the way to the bottom to the "Manage" section wher eit will say "Listed". Tap that and select "Snoozed" then enter the start and end dates.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Alpenhof0 the best thing to do is to snooze your listing. While the listing is snoozed you will not received enquiries or appear in searches so there is no risk of an enquiry arriving which you can't respond to because you have no internet.

On a PC/laptop go to the calendar and in the menu down at the bottom where it says Listed change it to Snoozed. You will be asked to enter the start and end dates and will get an email 24 hours before the snooze ends to remind you that the listing is going live again.

On the smartphone app go to Listings, select the room then scroll all the way to the bottom to the "Manage" section wher eit will say "Listed". Tap that and select "Snoozed" then enter the start and end dates.

Zoe14
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

There is also an alternative option to have someone else (someone you trust) to answer your booking requests and enquiries for you.  Therefore you won't lose out on any bookings that may come in while you are away out of internet coverage.  You can still block out your place while you are away if you don't want anyone to stay, or cannot host properly, unless, you can get someone to help out for you.  So, snooze your listing so you dont have to worry about guests booking while you are away, but get someone to answer your mails for you while away so you wont lose out on bookings that could be made for when you are around to be a host!

Rustic0
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

I cannot find how to reply to my enquiries.  We cannot respond via the sms it was sent and I cant find an inbox with the requests.  Very upsetting not only for us but for those who are waiting on a response.