case manager settled a case and someone so called superior took money without approval

case manager settled a case and someone so called superior took money without approval

Hi airbnb hosts,

Is it possible that case manager settled a case and someone so called superior took money without approval again. airbnb is becoming so ridiculous. 

are they even obeying the law and regulations?

I would like to seek for some suggestions. Thank you so much 

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There is no context to your post so hard to advise @Jerry-and-Justin0 

What was the situation and what do you mean by an airbnb 'supervisor' took your money?

Hello Helen, thank you so much for your message. 

My case was actually closed with a 50% refund decision with a case manager and I agreed to it.

I have read through all the circumstances policy. Those travel ban was only for those from China, Hong Kong and Macau who's travelling to Taiwan, not to mention Taiwan is still very safe to travel.

The flight cancellation was also cancelled by guests herself, not the airline. She is an American Taiwanese. Taiwan government and the States government have not been banning anything.

Airbnb just received complain from a guest asking for full refund for their own desires and punish landlord for nothing, my case was opened again and full refunded was sent without even seeking my approval and my side of story. I have all the documents and phone recorded, they don't even bothered to look into it. One CS on phone even admitted the money was sent by mistake.

I would reserve my right to take further action if necessary. This is ridiculous. 

Sometimes I wonder if I should continue to host in Taiwan. in GB seems easier and make more sense if hosts are facing difficulties. 

Sorry still not very clear @Jerry-and-Justin0 

Are you saying you are based in the UK but host in Taiwan?

And that a guest from Taiwan booked to stay with you, cancelled and you got paid 50%

After that I am a little lost. I don't actually understand what the issue is.

All I can suggest if you feel a payment is due is chase airbnb up on their social media.

We are actually LLB students from the UK, living here in Taiwan for Chinese courses and being hosts here 😃

I am so surprised they could just took money from a closed/final decision cases without even seeking any evidences from both sides. They only listened to the guests and only to the guests which is so unfair.