cleanliness

Hugh37
Level 2
North Chailey, United Kingdom

cleanliness

How can 400 people say my place is beautiful, clean, warm etc and then one guest says the opposite and gets a refund? am I actually missing something here or what?

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Hugh37 According to Airbnb it is supposed to give you the opportunity to correct any issues. If you were not given this opportunity then I would go back to support, ask them why and also ask to be reimbursed for the cancellation.

Hugh37
Level 2

So they gave me this option but at the same time refunded the guest?

You need to have time to correct the cleaning issue, i think its 45 minutes. if you are  not contacted by CS at all until the refund has been issued that could have been rectified had you been notified, you have a chance of having that refunded money restored to you.

i would call CS and ask to please speak to a supervisor. Knowing the TOS on this subject is so important to use the correct verbiage to the agent.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Please tell future hosts what they did. It sounds like when the weather changed, then they wanted to leave your rental and they brought up, “they did not want to leave a bad review, they just wanted a refund.” Sounds like they were threatening you with a bad review if you did not give them their money back. 

Hugh37
Level 2

I believe so too sadly but suffice to say even though I’ve had hundreds of guests who have scored me honestly air b and b take the side of the guest every time😞 Thank you for your reply and yes I will give an honest review x

i'm dealing with a similar issue right now.    airbnb surprisingly sided with me, paid me, and closed the case, then reopened it and have now left me hanging for more than a week with the threat of taking money out of a future reservation to refund the guest they already told me wasn't entitled to a refund.    I'm about done with this nonsense. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What did the guest say was wrong with your listing @Hugh37 ?