connecting with other hosts or a local host network for support

connecting with other hosts or a local host network for support

Now that we are getting a bit more settled in our new home I need to begin moving onto marketing and booking.  I have homework to do. 

I have a sound foundation of hospitality /bed and breakfast experience AND am lacking in the nuanced differences in the way that airbnb is handled, advertised, shared, marketed. 

I need to connect with some folks who can share their experiences and offer suggestions. 

4 Replies 4
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Catherine3665 

I would suggest rather than Other you list as a Studio  I think people filtering other are more into camping or treehouse not sure you fit in there.

Tweak your description a bit like it says lot of extras tell me some

Review your amenities yours looks low  Include everything you offer extra pillows etc

Hey @Marie8425 , thank you so much for the feedback. Honestly, I was confused and felt a little limited by some of the options and the previous owners had it listed as a pool house and I didn’t see any place in there to create your own category like that so that was confusing to me but definitely I appreciate the information about, randomly being in other and the fact that other really might mean hey we’re looking for some thing that’s a little bit more unique and what we have isn’t super unique, but it is a great spot so I will take your advice on that and I will also go back through and review the amenities. We also have some unique amenities that aren’t listed in there so I’m hoping there’s an option to add your own , based on what ability to create a unique description is a little tricky that the options available to choose from seem to limited to me, but maybe I’m missing something 

@Catherine3665 

If you have unique amenities you highlight in your description.  Your description is built from the multiple pages the Airbnb app gives you,  Maybe look at some properties in your area read their descriptions to get ideas.

@Catherine3665 

Also I think they were using pool house because it sets the expectation in the Hosts yard which may matter to some but not others.