do you allow pets in your place?

Ellie450
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

do you allow pets in your place?

Do you allow guests to bring pets? Let me know if you do and what are the pros and cons?

12 Replies 12
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

No.

I don't think there would be a single pro.

Cons:

-Additional Noise

-Additional Litter

-Damage to furniture, flooring, etc.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Pros are more bookings from pet owners 

Cons are some guests won't stay at places that accept pets , pet damage and additional cleaning costs. 

@Ellie450 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Ellie450, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Have you had a chance to read our Hosts' suggestions? This is a topic frequently discussed by our Hosts. Here are some conversations for you to explore.

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

I have pets II do  accept  pets  but I  disclose  It  must a approve   the pet  request   it  is  not   an  open invite.

No pets.

I have had bad experiences in the past. Everyone always insists that their pet is a good one. but the scratched furniture and hair left everywhere says otherwise

I don't think it's reasonable to expect that their pet will not scratch your furniture, as it's a pet. And pet do pet things. 

Were you able to get Airbnb to pay for the furniture damage though? 

I was on another hosting site for that tenant- and I didn't discover the damage until weeks later. Damage was very minor but very annoying. The tenants insisted their pet was an "angel".

Because we have a number of farm animals on the property we don't allow pets.

yes, we do with additional fees for pet.

No we do not allow pets.

In the past we have had service dogs 

they shed

have accidents

mark the floors 

not to mention other guest coming in with allergies

Had one service dog stay in our room so far.

Had to pay 200% attention to this reservation. It helps slightly that it was only a 1  night stay, and that the dog's owner brought its own bedding. This dog was well trained, but it's hard to train a dog to be better behaved than a human still so it did do the occasional bark and made a bit more noise than usual (during designated quiet time period). 

@Ellie450 

We cannot. Hair, dander, allergies, damage, bringing in dirt, fleas and ticks...and the wildlife here on the ranch. Pets are wonderful but not here.