guest says allergies. no mold/mildew per professional. checking out after 7 days, left 70 on table. i have strict cancellation. airbnb says sorry (but not). i'm a superhost.

Sarah6209
Level 1
Austin, TX

guest says allergies. no mold/mildew per professional. checking out after 7 days, left 70 on table. i have strict cancellation. airbnb says sorry (but not). i'm a superhost.

i had a young gal check in for 70 days.  she immediately started in on 78 was too hot, 76 too cold.  she needed swiffer duster refills for the swiffer duster i had, could i provide a temperpedic topper bc she was a "firm mattress kind of girl", and she needed extra glass cleaner for the mirror?  I have never in ten years had someone who was "too hot, too cold" "bed too soft (take the dang topper off!)" kind of can you hold my hand.  Yet, she was renting for 70 days so i was over there 3 or 4 times in 4 days.  then she says she has allergies.  I see the vents need cleaning (although I change the filters monthly if not more often), so i wasn't worried.  i called an ac guy.  he came and said my filters wwere too porous so i changed to a better filter and he completely changed every single register with a brand new one.  she never came back and claims she hasn't been there since before i called ac guy.  and airbnb issued her a complete refund, minus the few days she was there despite my strict cancellation policy, despite me working so hard to accommodate her very high-maintence request, and i was NEVER contacted.  now airbnb is trying to pull the money they paid.  I have been a host for 10 years and pride myself on keeping this apartment clean and ready.  can anyone bypass strict cancellation by saying they have allergies?  i don't know what to do. 

0 Replies 0