Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

high season europe

Answered!

high season europe

I am thinking about renting out my apartment. when will i expect the most bookings? what does the seasons look like?

Top Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Scott1832 Winter is usually cold, Summer hot and the other seasons in between.

To get a proper answer you can always subscribe to data from Airdna or similar providers. Seasonality really depends on the detail of where you are and what you offer. Ski resorts are popular in Winter, beach resorts in Summer. Size also matters as a 1 bed listing in a family resort will have less demand than a 2 or 3 bed unit.

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Scott1832 Winter is usually cold, Summer hot and the other seasons in between.

To get a proper answer you can always subscribe to data from Airdna or similar providers. Seasonality really depends on the detail of where you are and what you offer. Ski resorts are popular in Winter, beach resorts in Summer. Size also matters as a 1 bed listing in a family resort will have less demand than a 2 or 3 bed unit.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can find out by doing market research around high and low season markets for your type of property in your location

you also need to look at supply and demand as many markets are now oversaturated and owners are facing falling demand because of the recession @Scott1832 

Sangeeta8
Level 9
New Delhi, India

List it on Airbnb, if you are not happy, be patient and you know you can always deactivate it, anytime. Can't see the listing so cannot comment much.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Scott1832 

Europe is a big place. It differs from place to place, but the season that most people travel generally isn't in the dead of winter. However, southern locations get  lot of snowbirds in the winter. It depends.

Where is your apartment located? 

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

@Scott1832 "Europe" is a continent! That means:

- 8 climate zones

- 4 seasons

- 3 time zones

- 50 countries

- 30+ cities with population over 1 million.

-  lowest capital 2m below sea level

- highest capital  1000m. above sea level.

"AirDnA" is a good starting point.