horrible support at air bnb

horrible support at air bnb

Hello Airbnb, I am a super host, my last guest was a teen named Cesar, he booked for 4 people, and brought about 15 other teens. They started party right away, drinking alcohol, share a bottle and I believe it was liquor, smoke marijuana while wearing shoes in the house. My house rules were NO PARTY, NO SMOKING INCLUDING E-CIGARETTE, NO SHOES IN THE HOUSE, QUITE TIME AFTER 10PM. They broke all my house rules including my backdoor blinds. Music was loud around midnight so I called air bnb and brought up the concerns, air bnb recommended me cancel the booking and I agreed. So Airb cancelled, I called the police, they finally turned off the music when the police arrived aroung 00:30AM. I saw all of this because I have a ring door camera and they kept the door open the whole time, so I can see the inside and outside. Yes my listing was stated we have door camera and parking camera. About 15 cars parked on my lawn when I arrived. They said they were not party, its just a family meeting. Less than a minute later one of the kid said: Listen, we are throwing a suprise birthday party for Cesar please let us stay. I told him: you just told me 30 second ago you are not partying at my place, he just laught. They were all drunk, the police even said: your mom and dad want to see you come home in whole, not in pieces ok? So be careful when you drive. They asked to give them 25 minutes to pack their stuffs, we had to wait for almost 1 hour. I reported to air bnb along with all the screenshots from my ring door camera, a few days later air bnb suspended my listing. called 7 times in 3 weeks, talked to different people each time, NOONE AT AIR BNB did anything, just said they are still investigating the case, and it has been over 2 moths since November 10th. No response to my messages either. Seems like air bnb put this BAD guest above super host. Does air bnb care about our financial situation? Already over 2 months to investigate a case that I already provided all the evidences and video? What is going on?

1 Reply 1
Demi2
Level 2
New York, NY

I'm so sorry to read this terrible experience you've had.

I think airbnb tried to play it safe on the side of the guest often because they know they can do damage on social media . we had a similar experience years ago when we left town for my brother in-laws funereal. A seemingly nice couple had the largest backyard party ,our neighbors called the police. Getting the call from the police was challenging. to say the least.

I do wish that airbnb treated hosts better as we are their commodity without us they don't have a product to sell.

The income we loose can be devistating for some families, but we are dependent and they know it. Until something else comes along, here we are making way out of no way. Good luck and be well.

demi