how to complain the customer service

how to complain the customer service

I meet a situation. The host cancels my booking reservation  2 days before check-in. 

I contact the Airbnb support team member, but she does not solve the problem according to the Airbnb policy. I want to contact with her supervisor to reflect the problem and her behavior. No matter how many messages you left, she does not tell her manager.The situation can not be escalate to a higher level manager.

Which channel could I contact with a higher level support team member to solve it?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Ana31042

Sorry, there is no manager or higher level support team, and the support people have no direct access to Airbnb experts and/or management.

It’s the way CS is done in many companies now. A couple of weeks of training, and the support people are on their own, in their houses all over the world. I have heard roosters in the background and babies crying when I have called CS.

The best that CS can do is “escalate” your issue, but I suspect the queue it then goes into is a long one, and you may not hear anything back for weeks. It really isn’t the CS agent’s fault, it’s just the way things are structured now.

Some people have had some success with keeping at it by calling persistently, also by posting on Airbnb social media pages.

Or…you can just not waste precious moments of your life and simply chalk it up to bad luck, and find another place. I know we all have our principles, but for me it’s sometimes not worth the grief and aggravation to fight, although we all have different levels of fight in us.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ana31042 sadly the Aircover support for guests is limited to trying to find a replacement place OR refunding your money. As such Airbnb has done what it agreed to do I am afraid.

Did you get a reason for the cancellation?

The Airbnb donot find a replacement for me. I contact them,but they donot escalate the problem to the supervisor. Because she knows she does not follow the policy.