how to make your home much attractive for guests?

how to make your home much attractive for guests?

I am new on Airbnb just posted my home. So, I want to know that how can we make our residence much comfortable and enjoyable for guests? What they like most in rooms as basic.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@PingPong0  The time to get your listing well furnished is before you post your listing, not after. It's very important that the place looks like the photos guests see when they book and the amenities are those you have listed, otherwise guests will complain that the listing info wasn't accurate. 

Of course you can provide more things than you list, and that's a bit of a good idea- if guests get more than they bargained for, they'll be pleasantly surprised. There's a saying among hosts,  "Promise less and deliver more".

For instance, most of my guests fly to my area and take the bus from the airport to my town. I always offer to pick them up at the bus station, which is a 5 minute drive from my house, which saves them having to pay for a taxi or walk with their bags for 20 minutes and also my house is hard to find. They always really appreciate me doing this.

But I don't offer that service in my listing ad, in case for some reason I wouldn't be able to pick them up.

As far as furnishing the guest space, make sure the bed is comfortable, provide enough pillows, guests want a chair and some sort of desk where they can sit and use a laptop, a place to hang their clothes with plenty of hangars, a place to put their toiletries in the bathroom. Don't be too skimpy with towels- I give each guest 2 bathtowels, a hand towel, and a washcloth for a one week stay. But also don't leave too many towels available, or some guests will use a towel only once and throw it in the floor, and take a clean one the next time. Be clear about how often you provide clean towels and linens.

Make sure you have furnishings that are sturdy, because guests can be hard on things and won't always take care if your stuff like you would.

Guests also like uncluttered spaces, so don't have a lot of decorative items around. It's good to have some nice art or textiles on the walls, but stay away from having things on surfaces that are purely decorative and have no purpose.

Some things like individually wrapped new toothbrushes are good to have around, in case a guest forgets theirs. And even if you don't provide any food for guests, have some snacks around you could offer them, as many arrive after a long journey, haven't had time to eat, and it's nice for them to be offered something to nibble on until they get settled and have time to go buy some food or go out to eat.