is this real or a scam?

is this real or a scam?

saw this listing yesterday and tried to contact the host, but no reply yet.  i've read a few article and some here in the community center how to detect a scam listing.  because of that, a few alarms went when reviewing the listing again.  low rating, no reviews in any of her  apartments(beside 100+ reviews in her profile), not descriptive text bout the apartment.

but wanna hear what the community has to say.

8 Replies 8
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I can see no details, @Wendell44 .

This help file describes how to detect fake sites: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971

hey  yea just realized it now.  i just replied to myself with the link to the listing.

I realized what i did. here's the link to the listing:

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing link unless posted by a listing owner]

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I wouldn't want to book with a host that has an average of 3.78. Airbnb sees anything under 4.6 as low ratings.  @Wendell44 . Did you read the reviews?

Looks like the host has deleted her previous listings to hide poor reviews.

With over 80,000 listings in London I am sure you can find one with a long established superhost with excellent reviews.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Well, to be honest, it seems to be real - but would never book with this host.

why would you say that?

@Wendell44  Because if you look at her other listings, she has very poor reviews. It doesn't bode well for this listing, which is new. I would not book with her either. 

You can look at her other properties via her AirBnB profile, or through the listing you are looking at, which has the option to see her other reviews. 

Probably best to find another place. Good luck. 

@Wendell44 The ratings the host got on her active listings (those with reviews) are incredible low - that is probably why she has started new ones-  it is very likely the same listings. If you get below 4,7 as a host it is seen as if you don’t deliver listings that are reliable. Listings are supposed to get 5 star ratings across the board if everything is as described in the listing description. 
I personally would never book with that host.