link bank account

link bank account

So I tried several times to book a trip.  If I link to my bank I save 532$ on the booking but after several calls to my bank and Airbnb Airbnb just said use your debit and lose the savings.  the problem is within the system.  the system makes an inquiry call to check if the funds are available which they are, but does not make a debit.  I repeatedly tried to escalate past the first support rep but was told this isn’t an option.  now I’ll be looking for another booking agent and Airbnb lost a 20k reservation. 

5 Replies 5
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Anne14243, I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. It's been a while since you posted, I was wondering if you managed to get this resolved? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No I just booked it and lost the 531$ savings.  The hosts are responsive and I loved the rental.  I just wish the Airbnb customer service was better. I have booked many times with Airbnb.  As long as there’s no issue it’s seamless.  If there’s a problem it’s just not resolved.  You can look back at a Florida stay where it was really bad.  4/5 it’s great.  Anne

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Anne14243, I'm sorry to hear that happened. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant team. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

The only resolution was to forfeit 500$ and book

Sophia, I used to be be a big fan of Airbnb until I had trouble in Florida and nothing was done.  Now I only do Airbnb if it’s my last option.  Support even for safety isn’t handled well.  Anne