listing removed because of Tenants unauthorized event and noise complaint? why is the Host punished ??

Roman339
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

listing removed because of Tenants unauthorized event and noise complaint? why is the Host punished ??

My listing was removed because of noise complaint from neighbor. 

But as a host i was not made aware that airbnb tenant through a party, so it was completely unathorized by me as a host. 

Yet, airbnb community support team member delisted my property and i can not relist it. 

several attempts to get him on the discussion and explain or rectify went unansered. 

Anyone knows what i can do and who can i contact?

For context, i've been superhost for sometime, and have 100% of reviews at 5*

3 Replies 3
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Roman339,

Airbnb is not the be all, end all, in regards to OTAs.  List on Booking.com, Expedia, Vrbo, and I'd recommend that you create your own site, and to link your Airbnb guest reviews so potential guests know that you have a great reputation.  

With these other listing sites you can control the entire financial transaction, including the security deposit, and you can't be delisted, unless you've broken the law or one of the terms and conditions.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Roman339  Airbnb CS reps are notoriously untrained and ill informed, yet are given carte blanche to fulfill whatever whim the wind happens to blow their way on any given day. They do not follow policy, and often when you do call in with an issue and quote policy at them they, astoundingly, will still not 'get it'. Bottom line, Airbnb is a hot mess.

Case in point, relative to your situation. There is a large estate/house in my quiet rural neighborhood that is a dedicated Airbnb. It hosts huge parties and events. I've even got photos of 20+ cars and big white event tents on the property. The entire neighborhood alerts the Airbnb 'good neighbor' hotline when the noise and chaos gets out of control. This happens pretty regularly through the warmer months. Guess how long this has been going on? Over a year now. They are still up and running full steam. Airbnb doesn't see fit to delist THAT party house despite all the recent blathering about cracking down on AIRBNB PARTY HOUSES. And yet you get delisted for one noise complaint. Go figure. 

Like @Debra300  says, cut the apron strings. That's about all you can do.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Roman339 you might try contacting Airbnb on Twitter and Facebook.