new booking process that encourages guests to TELL me when they want to check in?

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

new booking process that encourages guests to TELL me when they want to check in?

Has there been a change to the guest booking side in the past week? I've had the last 3 guests all tell me they are wanting to check in around midday. This is so tedious, as now I have to respond to them all politely pointing out my check-in time and if we can manage it I'll allow early check-in, but if every guest is going to be like this...... gah!!! I have my check-in time clearly listed, and last time I travelled, which was only last week, the check-in time was clearly displayed and I don't recall being prompted to tell the host what time I wanted to arrive. Is anyone else seeing an increase in this? 

checkin.jpg

31 Replies 31

@Mariann4 yes it is sad about the change of rules. I have quite a few in January and February that they will be arriving at ! ! Such and such time. I usually reply saying the cottage will be ready at 3pm but if it is ready before hand I will let them know. I then send the message that the cottage will be ready at 2pm and some turn up then but most dont turn up until 4 or 5pm after you have rushed around to get it ready for them. As I dont think they have true travel time on their electronic devices which hasn't calculatated road works in process or deviations.

The last guest booking had requested for 1pm. Then within 1 hour sent second message I have just read 3pm check in before I had replied. So maybe he has been notified by Airbnb about check in time. Not sure. 

Maybe there has been a change from within. Also I heard maybe Gillian is unable to reply to you.

The mods censored me @Laurelle3 . But yes, @Gillian166 has been put down and put a lid on. But we are not allowed to talk about it. Soon none of us "can belong" in CC...

Now mods: stop with the censoring. There's nothing wrong with letting people know that contributors to CC are shut down. You want discussion. Then allow discussion.