pending verification booking request

Answered!
Dennis34
Level 1
Dreieich, Germany

pending verification booking request

I have a booking enquiry that the traveller cannot  complete as there is an inquiry for the same dates but by an unverified traveller.

I know nothing about the unverified traveller request (haven't received any advice from AirBnB on it) but it is blocking my calendar & I cannot find a way to delete that request.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dennis

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If a guest is going through verification then your calendar will be blocked for those dates for about 24 hours, while they complete verification. It's incredibly annoying as you state no unverified guests, yet Airbnb takes that to mean people in the process of being verified- with no guarantee that they will complete or pass the requirement. In the meantime you lose business.

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If a guest is going through verification then your calendar will be blocked for those dates for about 24 hours, while they complete verification. It's incredibly annoying as you state no unverified guests, yet Airbnb takes that to mean people in the process of being verified- with no guarantee that they will complete or pass the requirement. In the meantime you lose business.

Thanks Gerry

A guest is blocking my calendar while going though the verification processs. My problem and/or quesiton is, why am I not able to pre-apporve this person? Is this because the guest has not completed the varification process? Everytime I submit the pre-approval option it's rejected and the reason for the rejection is - calendar is not available during this time, while the person blocking my calendar is the one I am trying to pre-approve.

I have the exact same problem!!!! I lost business and I can't rent my place during those dates!

Incredible that airbnb is doing this:

There is a HUGE glitch in the reservation system:
1) I have immediate booking, meaning that as long as they accept my house rules, they can automatically book without me having to click to accept them.
2) I also have same day booking, meaning that guests can book same day, as long as it is before 6PM. (by the way you should specify if it is central, eastern or pacific time, since my listing is in another country, and there is a time difference)
3) My guest tried to book. It immediately blocked the dates he wanted to book. He was not verified.
4) The guest tried to get verified, he stated he sent his picture ID as well as his selfie.
5) Five hours later, hie is still not verified, AND all those dates are blocked in my calendar, meaning that NOBODY can book those dates until my guest is verified.
6) My guest got tired of waiting. So he went and booked somewhere else outside of airbnb. I lost the sale.
7) My listing is still blocked (5 hours later) and will be until 12 hours go by, regardless if my guest is verified or not.
😎 I called airbnb and they told me that, in fact, my calendar is blocked for 12 hours, until he is either verified, or not.
9) If he is verified, he AUTOMATICALLY gets charged for all the nights even though he didn't stay with us. which means that I have to refund him ALL his money, but since now it is within 24 hours, and well into his booking time, then airbnb won't refund his booking fees, and airbnb gets to keep whatever they charge me in fees as well?
10) This is a huge problem, since airbnb does not disclose how much they charge to guests.
11) Neither me or my guest were able to cancel the reservation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12) This is a HUGE problem and it must get fixed! the algorithms need to be reviewed.
13) I called you several time so that airbnb unblocks my dates, and I was told that nothing could be done, just wait 12 hours until the reservation gets cancelled. In the meantime, I am still blocked, unable to rent my property.
I was very happy with airbnb until this happened, which puts a huge burden on me and my guest.
That is no way to treat either guests or hosts. This needs to get fixed...

And here we are in June of 2021 and still the same problem persists. Just happened to me last night AGAIN (like 20th time this year alone). Airbnb rep that was “helping” me last night finally replies right now (19! hours later) that he is happy he report my calendar for yesterday Friday June 11th has be cleared of the unverified guest booking and is free to re-book again. Now, if unless Airbnb is gonna provide every host with a DeLorian car time machine I don’t see how freeing up a date in the past is solving my loss of profit in the present!?!?  I feel your pain Carlos1002, even though you are from the past 2016, I feel your pain 😉 

Que Será Será, What Will Be Will Be-CHANGED!
Alan-And-Serena0
Level 1
Lusaka, Zambia

Who is the pending reservation with?
William55
Level 2
Birmingham, AL

I have the same problem with a person squatting on my listing for the entire weekend!  Other than a shoulder to cry on, any suggestions for dealing with this?  I do not accept unverified guests either.

Thanks.

Bill

Tao1
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Some one just don't want to continue the verification. But the calendar still blocked till next day. Please don't block same day calendar.

Matt10
Level 2
Te Anau, New Zealand

I totally agree!

Tao1
Level 2
San Diego, CA

It's totally a bed bug. If some one do it on all listings the Airbnb will shutdown.

It happened many times. Airbnb didn't change the blocking time. Pending verification for same day not fair for hoster.

Steven65
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I have the same issue. Surely, pending verifications should not block the Calendar and Airbnb should make it clear to the guest that dates will not be held until their application is complete. Anyhow, useful conversation. Thanks.

I totally agree!

Matt10
Level 2
Te Anau, New Zealand

This is happening to me for the second time now, the first resulted in no business and an empty room for two nights! AIRBNB should change this policy immediatly!

Sue97
Level 2
Oakland, CA

I may have found a solution. I selected all of the Blocked 'Pending Verification' dates and the 'Available' or 'Blocked' options show up on the right menu. Select 'Available' and the prices for each date will reappear on the calendar and show as 'Available' with 'Pending Verification' still overlaid on the calendar. It appears that someone else could potential book the dates now! I will update this post after my other, verified guests attempts to book the same dates!