private listing

Answered!
Constanta0
Level 1
Miami, Florida, United States

private listing

Is it possible to have a offline listing that can only be shared privatly to make reservations?

Not public to the internet?

Thank you in advance=d 

1 Best Answer

If I am not mistaken, all that data should already be registered in airbnb and there should be no need for you to send it. It is also extremely suspicious how they are asking you to pay before seeing the place. If you ask me, those are red flags all around.

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48
Eliza107
Level 1
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

can you ask him how he did it?

Eliza107
Level 1
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

i would like this too as it is a good way to test the product with friends and family before fully launching

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Eliza107 

Each listing has a unique web address, this web address can be typed into any browser and your

listing will pop up even when its snoozed, although as far as I'm aware it can't be booked.

Emad34
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I have a lady here in Dubai, UAE

She send me the link for her place

I can’t open it on the app only via browser

I will rent it monthly

She lives in UK but she rent the place here

How I will know that she is not scamming or if it’s a scam how I can get my money back?!!!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emad34  If you can’t open the listing link via the Airbnb app, then the link she has sent you probably isn’t taking you to the genuine Airbnb website- it’s probably taking you to one that looks like it!

If you make a payment that isn’t through the genuine Airbnb site you won’t be able to get your money back via Airbnb if it is a scam.

Would you like to share the link here?

Emad34
Level 2

@Paul1255 

Thank you for your reply

Here is the link if you can check it, please 

https://airbnb.ae-property-united-arab-emirates-330287.xyz/676f/dubai-jlt-room-close-to-dmcc-metro-s...

@Emad34 That's definitely a scam: that's not the Airbnb website. 

To get a refund, you will have to contact your bank or credit card company to see if anything can be done. 

These Airbnb rental scams are sadly extremely common. 

Emad34
Level 2

@Alexandra316 

Thank you so much 

Thank God I checked with you first guys.

I didn't pay anything and from the way, I’m replying to her she blocked me on Whatsapp and she was trying to scam one of my friends tho with another apartment.

She posts her advertising on Dubbizle then start the scam when you contact her.

How can we stop her guys from scaling people who doesn't research?

@Emad34  You could try reporting her to Dubbizle. Unfortunately these scams are very very common and as soon as one gets taken down they just create a new profile and start again. 

General advice is if you contact someone about an apartment rental and they tell you you need to book through Airbnb and send you a link it's almost certainly a scam. 

If you post her name and phone number here, it becomes searchable and it has helped others in the past. There's a huge scam post here with hundreds of entries and a lot of people have Googled and found out that they're in danger of being scammed because of that. Sharing your story does help. 

Hi, I’m trying to be scammed via the same method by a person I met on Spareroom. 

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emad34  Yes that’s not the genuine airbnb site at all.

Do not book and do not pay! 

Genuine hosts will not have to send you a link to their listing, you’ll search the Airbnb site/app and book directly.

“Hosts” offering deals (that can seem to good to be true) on Facebook, Craigslist etc etc are unlikely to be genuine.

Emad34
Level 2

@Paul1255 

Thank you.

I didn't pay anything.

She blocked me and tried to scam one of my friends 

That's how she was talking

What triggered me is she used a different name with my friend

I don't even know if she is a SHE

I want to help to stop those scams

The Airbnb app is great and it's getting affected by those people.

406775FD-69A8-4A36-BBCE-E3253CE1F3E6.png

F3DEF813-5DFC-4CB5-BDB6-81A361727287.png

34B3FB0F-C27D-4DF0-8B6C-00D8219CA70E.png

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emad34  Great, I’m glad you didn’t book or lose out on any money- so many people do.

It’s impossible to stop scammers who operate outside of the Airbnb platform, and prey on guests who don’t understand exactly how the platform works.

The best thing we can do to avoid ending up getting scammed is to make sure we only book listings that we have searched for ourselves via the app or website.

Exactly @Benedetta114 Hope you’re well.

It’s an impressive fake site, no wonder so many guests fall foul of scammers when they’re not aware of only searching and booking on the genuine Airbnb site.