"Balcony" option for filtering

Donné1
Level 9
Cape Town, South Africa

"Balcony" option for filtering

Hello everyone,

When I travel, I love to stay in places that have a balcony or outdoor area. Strangely enough, it seems that despite a large array of filter options under the "amentities" panel, a check box for balcony is not included. It would make my search process so much easier if I could filter the results to only select properties with a balcony. Any way to suggest this to Airbnb?

Many thanks

Donné

45 Replies 45
Aliona3
Level 2
Chisinau, Moldova

I hope this changes soon. It's a huge waste of time to check every listing. 

Berthier1
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

This is very unfortunate that it has not been implemented, I mean sure we can browse and see the balcony for ourselves but having the filter would be a lot faster. Come on AirBNB you can do this 🙂

Berthier

Here is the filter for balcony or patio https://airbnbase.com/patio-balcony/

That is bloody worthless all it does it show properties near you, what good is that when I'm in my home town searching for places in another country

Sam4521
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

🤦‍ you can literally click on the "near you" button and amend it to the location you want.

If you're going to be rude to someone who's trying to be helpful, at least make sure you're right first 😂

Great! Thanks!

what a strange way to find a filter…

why not directly in the application?

Jakob116
Level 1
Oslo, Norway

As of 2022, still not added.

What I really can't stand, is when the companies refuse to even give an answer as of why it's like this. @Airbnb   can you please give a reason why it's no filter for this? It's clearly needed.

Adele465
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Please @Airbnb  any chance there is an update on this?? it is clearly needed!!

Melissa1854
Level 1
Portland, OR

As far as I can you can add &amenities%5B%5D=100 to your url. The's the param that their API is looking for to filter by garden/patio/balcony - the thing that shows up in listings as "Patio or Balcony". 

In other words, if you're searching for a place, your URL might look like 

https://www.airbnb.com/s/austin--usa/homes  [...long url...] max=300&room_types%5B%5D=Entire%20home%2Fapt&amenities%5B%5D=33&query=Austin%2C%20Texas  ...

Make sure that you add that amenities string in your URL so it looks like 
https://www.airbnb.com/s/austin--usa/homes [... long url...] max=300&room_types%5B%5D=Entire%20home%2Fapt&amenities%5B%5D=33&amenities%5B%5D=100&query=Austin%2C%20Texas 

Bold is just to highlight where that string above would go so it makes more sense. Hope this helps!

Gabriel3966
Level 2
Jackson, MI

Now in 2022 this thread was started 6 years ago! And with 25,460 views on this thread Airbnb has still not added a simple feature that a lot of their customers would love. With as many new platforms there are two rent apartments or houses like VRBO and others it’s amazing that Airbnb doesn’t care enough to add a simple button but I am glad that I can search Airbnb‘s for toilet grab bars an iron and a crib (joking 😑). I am currently sifting through rentals for Puerto Rico (there’s a lot of rentals) doing the same thing most of you are doing trying to find a balcony and a view. Considering it’s been 6 years! I don’t think anything is going to change soon so I guess I will find another site to utilize. And if I find some thing on another website I will tell Airbnb that I chose another site because they don’t have the balcony option I suggest the rest of you do the same when they start getting bombarded with emails stating I was going to use Airbnb but now I’m not because there’s no balcony option then they might change something (maybe)

Agree Gabriel - very annoying.

However you can search for balconies/patios - just do your  puerto rico search - in the map area you want, other filters added, etc.

then go to the url at that point and add the little bit of code from above  - just insert it - you'll see different options are broken up by the & symbol.

I think it works - it doesn't assure a view - but it does seem to find places with balcony/outdoor spaces at least.

&amenities%5B%5D=100

Monica2238
Level 1
Maryland, United States

Thank you  for providing this piece of code!  I tried it, and it was a game-changer since a terrace/balcony is on the near top of my list of requirements for our upcoming trip to Rome.  

Glennis8
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Amazing!  The code works.  Thanks so much - now if only I could have some code to filter for a piano!

Daniel9873
Level 1
Seoul, South Korea

I guess it's time for me to make a quick chrome extension that adds the option on airbnb. It makes no sense why the UI doesn't have a balcony option when you can search for balconies through params? Maybe they tried it and figured out that it changed user/host behaviors detrimentally?

@Daniel9873 as if they fine tuned anything to that degree. h a ha. H