"Balcony" option for filtering

Donné1
Level 9
Cape Town, South Africa

"Balcony" option for filtering

Hello everyone,

When I travel, I love to stay in places that have a balcony or outdoor area. Strangely enough, it seems that despite a large array of filter options under the "amentities" panel, a check box for balcony is not included. It would make my search process so much easier if I could filter the results to only select properties with a balcony. Any way to suggest this to Airbnb?

Many thanks

Donné

45 Replies 45
William631
Level 2
Garden Grove, CA

Yes I agree 100%. I waste so much time scouring images and reviews looking to find a place with a balcony, terrace, patio, etc when I used AirBNB. Seems like a nobrainer to add that search filter!

Gitte8
Level 3
Copenhagen, Denmark

I have written directly to Airbnb three times during the last year about this topic: Having the filter option for a balcony/terrace/private outdoor space - but no one seems to take notice, and noone reacts. It is really frustrating both as a host with two apatments with excellent outdoor space, but also as a traveller, as I am always searching for that. Come on Airbnb. Create that filter. Everyone can see it´s relevant to have!

Blake82
Level 10
Deerfield Beach, FL

For a global company this size, it's absurd there is no option for Blacony / Terrace. As a nomad, and someone who only wants a view and fresh air, I am spending too much of my precious time on earth  attempting to weed through the listings and images. Please, please, please add this feture. It is long over due

Ryan693
Level 1
Eglinton, United Kingdom

One star review the app on the google playstore and mention "No outside spaces filter" and it will soon be sorted. 

Christina780
Level 1
New York, NY

+1000 I search for this every time. So frustrating that you can't add it in their search function anywhere. C'mon Airbnb- we love you, but add yard/Garden, Terrace/balcony and Sea/Mountain view to your search, please!! 

Giving them too much credit. If they can't add one its impossible for them to add all three...

Christina780
Level 1
New York, NY

a

David4635
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

My biggest complaint about Airbnb

Marnie41
Level 1
Calgary, CA

Yep, have to agree 100%. I thought I was the only one. haha!

Florence607
Level 2
Levallois-Perret, FR

Agree 100% will all previous comments.

Currently planning a 3 days trip in Berlin and with more than 300 search results I can tell you that checking each single flat to know if there’s a balcony or not is really a mess.

Why Airbnb doesn’t react to this? It seems unbelievable that they ignore such thread and even direct messages, and that they don’t get that improving regularly the app is part of the game! 

Moreover I don’t think this option would be so complicate or costly to add... 

Very disappointing from them.

This must be intentionally left out by AirBnB so you actually have to look at every **bleep** listing. Wicked.

Alexander-James0
Level 2
Monchique, Portugal

Anyone from Airbnb care to share their thoughts as to why this is still missing?

Rosa2444
Level 2
New York, NY

With Covid 19, not only is Airbnb losing $ to booking.com and other places that filter for outdoor space, they are not helping us travel, host and visit in a healthier way. Shame!!! 

Ewaut0
Level 1
Ghent, Belgium

So wait. Laptop-friendly environment, piano and fireplace are filters, but terrace and balcony aren't? Come on, Airbnb,  how difficult can this be. 🤔I need to actually look at the whole description and all pictures of a place because hosts fail to put it in their descriptions too...

Yes still no balcony-terrace option on AIrbnb filters(unlike with Booking dot com or Tripadvisor etc and the only way to find an Airbnb rental with a balcony is to hope the host will mention it in the title description of his rental and that we can find it through Mozilla Firefox or Google.

There must be a reason to why Airbnb management keeps ignoring this request from tons of guests .Maybe because then guests must spend a lot of time on these ads reading the descriptions of the places so Airbnb can tell hosts that their rentals have been viewed by numerous people (when in reality people were just looking to see if they had a balcony, )lol.

I stayed at a rental in Vienna and the owner had listed her Vienna  flat on Airbnb and on Booking .Since we right away found her place using the Booking filter with Balcony we rented though Booking and not through Airbnb where we would have had to spend hours finding it.