"You don't have access to the review you are attempting to write."

"You don't have access to the review you are attempting to write."

Trying to leave a review for my recent stay but all I get is the above error.  I see this has been a problem since at least 2016 looking back at historical posts in this community.

8 Replies 8
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @James3799 

Is there any chance that the listing you stayed at is more than 14 days ago?  Airbnb have a 14 day window for guests to leave reviews.

If this isn't the case, I would ring Customer services to find out why you can't review.

Joëlle

Hello.  I am having the same issue in editing a review I posted less than an hour ago.  I won't allow me to edit it and I am logged on as the same account.

- Stephen

Hi, I am having the same issue. What a shame ! Airbnb blocking host to write honest reviews 😪

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @James3799, Building on Joelle's answer, I'm sharing an article about >how reviews for stays work. Is it possible that you tried to post the review after 14 days? If that's not the case, could you please share some screenshots of the error? This way, I can forward it to the technical team for a review of your case.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I am trying to edit an experience review right after I left it and this is message I get. It says I have one day left to edit but I cannot because this is the message I get. 

I am having the same issue even though I just checked out yesterday. I’m awaiting further assistance from customer support. I’ve been hosted at  6 other Airbnb and never had this problem.

I did contact the host regarding an issue during our stay. I hope that has nothing to do with why I’m unable to provide a review. When I asked if a host is able to block a review, customer support changed the subject…twice.  

Brandi41
Level 1
Fernley, NV

Hi, did you ever figure out a solution? I am having the exact same issue period it is well before the fourteen day time cut off.

Joseph2181
Level 1
Charlotte, NC

I am also receiving this error. I JUST submitted the review and need to change something. It says I have 1 day left to edit the review, but I get this message.