reply to bad review

Answered!

reply to bad review

Weekend guests at my ski condo - He gave me only 4 stars for value but ONLY 4 STARS for location after stating in his review that the location was good.   I am answering him as follows and would like to know if this may be harmful to me? 

I removed the name of the ski area from this in case I shouldnt mention it. I would like to send it but not if it could cause me harm, even though with this review I MAY lose my super host status and be lowered on the search 

I am SO disappointed that you gave me such a poor review. You say "Easy property and close to the mountain" but then you only give me 4 stars for Location !! First of all, the lifts are around ten minutes ON FOOT from the condo AND .... there is a shuttle bus from right outside the door to the slopes every few minutes. How much closer can you get?
And only 4 stars for "value" ?? Ruvin this is  xxxxxxxxxxxx  - one of..... if not the best ski area in the Northeast ! I don't know what you expected to pay but I check my prices regularly and I am always very competitive if not on the low side. I gave you a very good review because you deserved it but I am very unhappy that you were not as delighted with my cozy comfy condo as I was happy to welcome you !

1 Best Answer
Alexandra199
Level 10
Gretton, United Kingdom

Take a few days and a few deep breaths. I take it this response is what you want to send privately to the guest and not put openly in the reviews.

He's given you 4 stars...so what! Shrug it off and move on. You cannot and will not please everyone and the only thing that will affect your bookings is a bad review, his review is not a bad review. Getting in to a slanging match with an ex guests is not good practice.

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Alexandra199
Level 10
Gretton, United Kingdom

Take a few days and a few deep breaths. I take it this response is what you want to send privately to the guest and not put openly in the reviews.

He's given you 4 stars...so what! Shrug it off and move on. You cannot and will not please everyone and the only thing that will affect your bookings is a bad review, his review is not a bad review. Getting in to a slanging match with an ex guests is not good practice.

Thank you. Is this how to reply to your answer?  I agree I may as well cool down beause there is nothing else to do

Honestly Merrily I have been there! I know exactly how you feel and I start off absolutely furious. It does no good. The only person suffering is you. Shake it off, move on and live to fight another day. I know in the world of Airbnb 4 stars is a fail but it really isn’t. There are a lot of people out there who never leave 5 stars for anything! I imagine this guest thought he left you a good review. I once had a guest who left me 4 stars for her stay and promptly booked again to come back a few months later! 

In this game you have to ride the rough with the smooth. Keep smiling Xx

@Merrily2 , as @Alexandra199 , has stated…let it go. Your reviews from previous guests all rave about your unit with several stating the prime location and how close it is to lifts and or ski shuttle service. It is unfortunate that one review may affect your rating but it won’t sink the ship. I actually keep a log of guests (3 people so far) who have given me a 5 overall rating but dinged me on value or communication as I personally would not host them again. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Your pending review compounds the absurdity and will not do you any favors, as others have expressed.

Always use the opportunity to  review a past guest to either correct a blatant lie, but even those always in passing, or use the opportunity to sing your praises because who you should be thinking of is only future guests.

P.S. I couldn't find this negative review. If it was Ruvin's, it doesn't even merits a response.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Merrily2 obviously Merrily you are disappointed . It happens to everyone. in private messaging simply let the guest know. ' the removal of stars for both location and value ,i found disappointing as we seek to maintain our five stars at all times and strange as it may be to you any down valuing of my place affects my rating'I know this was not your intention. I am hoping that you could remove this review . Thank you. In your public review you could simply say , ' we work at all times for our guests and consider ourselves to be good value , and close to everything and our previous guests have found no faults ... there is no need for you to tell the guest that you are angry at what is probably simply carelessness... H

HOPEFULLY I am doing this right? I want to thank you for your help. This was EXACTLY what to do. He will contact Airbnb and remove the review. He seems very nice I am so glad I didnt insult him.

Merrily

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Merrily2 ,

Hope you are doing well! How did it go in the end? Were you able to successfully get this review removed or have it changed by the guest as Helen suggested?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I wrote him a very nice note explaining the situation and he  messaged me back asking how remove the review I told him to contact Airbnb and I figured I would wait a couple of days and.  "talk" to him again

@Bhumika Oh well I did try to write him a sweet note but no reply, at least yet.

Everyone since though has been 5 stars !!

so far....................;;

@Merrily2 Merrily we roll along , at the risk of being a cliche. .. H

@Helen744            I love it !!

Instead of spelling out my name I can sing it